Sunday, January 29, 2023

Sunday

 So, I got home from work last night with some purchases including some really nice sweet potatoes I will likely buy again. 

I also found some reasonably priced tampons but did not find the Dove Sensitive (unscented) soap I was seeking. I mailed the property tax ($$$!). 

When I got home I put everything away and then ran a load of clothes after I tried on my new purchases. The 19's fit perfectly.  I might stay a 19 when I'm at goal, maybe a 17 but definitely do not expect anything below that. It will be interesting to see where I do end up.  But I got it washed. 

I went to bed, woke up about 7:30, out of the house around 8:30.  It was raining.  I called a Uber, first one in a couple of years.  I did not want someone waiting for me while I shopped and I did not want to pay for a one way ride with my friends as it was such a short trip. 

So I called a Uber. Nice man showed up in 10 minutes. The store was packed. Produce section packed. Short dates on the salad mix so I got spinach, also got some fruit, celery, cream cheese,block cheese. No organic whole milk at all so I got conventional (it was a very good price).  Got candy to hand out. Paid. Called another Uber.  Another nice man (this one not very chatty) came and was very helpful with the groceries. I gave him a nice tip in the app for that. 

I can't believe people who call a ride and do not tip.  

Got home, put it all away.  Finally faced the pork roast. It was 4 pounds but I only got 5 nice portions out of it so I will not be getting the "picnic" pork roast again.  I got that frozen. Ran the dryer and put away my clothes.  Ate a sandwich with the new Keto bread which did not have any ill effects.  Took a nap with the cats. 

Plumber texted me and asked if I could give him a Yelp review  I did that.  I made a point of mentioning my husband had brain damage with bad behavior and how professional (name) had been. He loved the review.  Maybe I will get a new garbage disposal out of it.  😂

Then I did the dishes.  I had piles of dirty (working 6 days in a row) AND clean dishes all over now I still have piles but they are all clean. I did up walnuts in little baggies so I have an easy breakfast. I decided I will do sandwiches again next week.   So I need to cut up cheese, celery, and fruit (not to eat at the same time!).  I work longer days this week but only 4 days thank God.  So I will take a salad, sandwich, milk, sweet potato for lunch.  Fruit and cheese for one break. Cream cheese and celery for the other break.  My goal is to get 6 servings of veggies a day I still have a ways to go on that. 

I will also be brewing tea and bringing that to drink instead of soda. Then I can work my way to decaf tea eventually.  Diet soda hampers weight loss for me as well.  

That's it for now. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you take protection when you Uber? Ever hear of Jason Dalton who killed 8 people in Kalamazoo MI?
I live close.

Heather Knits said...

These days I bring the stun gun whenever I leave the house. Boss would freak if she knew but I keep it in a pocket. I can quickly pull out and zap if needed.

That is every time I leave the house, just like I lock the house now when I run to the mailbox.

Anonymous said...

Good idea.
On our street last week all the mailboxes were left open.
People are stealing mail.
We now have a locking mailbox.