Sunday, January 29, 2023

I am definitely not telling my Dad but debating telling my aunt

There is a homeless man at my home base bus stop; the one I take when I go to work and the one when I get home. I saw him yesterday,  he was sitting on the bench in the shelter.  Today, coming and going from the grocery store, he was lying down on the bench. 

He seems quiet, did not bother me, is not generating a lot of trash.  Smells OK considering. Some of my customers at work smell a lot worse. 

But I am not happy about it.  We had a vacant lot on either side of the street for many years and I know for a fact there was a homeless man living in one of them. I would see him entering and exiting the lot at random times, he would ride the bus up to a major intersection, beg, buy alcohol and food, come back "home".When they cleared the lot he had left quite the mess. 

As a woman I am not happy.  As a bus rider I am not happy.   As someone who just paid thousands in property tax I am not happy. 

Someone once told me they would never live on a bus line.   I know Metro has tried to expand bus service into some affluent areas and the residents shut it down. Because trouble rides the bus. 

I am glad I am getting a ride each way tomorrow.  

No comments: