Tuesday, January 3, 2023

An unpleasant surprise

 Last week we got a new girl, about my age, had been helping out in various areas. Yesterday she told me she was hired to do my job and there had been complaints.  Of course I totally freaked out.  

Still am, a bit, after turning it over to God. I think part of the issue I do several things and I believe the boss saw one part as "unimportant" told me not to do it again and again and there's where we are getting the complaints.  Of course I am worried they are going to fire me. 

But I thought, one thing that really bothered me was the fact that I was not trained at all they basically threw me into the deep end.  So as I thought of them I would tell her things that were important.  Some of it she already knew, some she did not.  But at least if I am canned she will know what she needs. 

If you pray that would be great. So I am going to focus on doing ALL of my job well and leave this in the trunk. 


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

When did walmart ever care about customer complaints? They can barely keep employees. Two out of the three in my town are horrible.

Heather Knits said...

That's what I'm hoping.

If my boss starts pressuring me to do the other work I am going to tell her "I won't be able to do X if you have me on Y". Maybe it just never dawned on them I can't do everything.

We will see.

Anonymous said...

I think fast food is easier than retail.
Maybe that McDonalds close by?
You can't beat the free employee meals. I work at one plus my regular job.

Anonymous said...

Another thing about fast food, you won't have to pack your lunch all the time.
It's not true fast food makes you fat. It is true McDonald's has fresh beef. They use REAL eggs too. Lol

Heather Knits said...

I have lost a lot of pride the last few years. I would be fine working there.

Anonymous said...

Didn't you say it was in walking distance?
Think of the money you would save on rides and meals.
No shame in working at McD. I work at a public university too and like mcD much better.

Anonymous said...

Why in the world she tell you she had been hired to replace you? Even if it is true it's not her place to say.

Heather Knits said...

I know, right? She offered to cover my lunch yesterday and never showed. It was 2 hours before I had to clock out before I went, lunch takes an hour. I came back she was there "I got hung up with a customer" the kind of customer help we do does not take more than a minute or two.

I am starting to think she was hired to ASSIST not REPLACE. I have also learned she does NOT have my back. I don't get angry stuff like that but I do make a mental note not to trust them again. You start with 100 points in my book and things like that subtract. But I don't get angry and I don't tattle. But I learn.

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a nut. Good Luck!