Sunday, January 1, 2023

New Years noon

 I did my God Time,still working on laundry.  I don't do the bedsheets every week but decided to start the new year off. 

According to Amazon I get my underwear and t shirts on Tuesday which will be nice. That will be another load of laundry, though. 😂

Cycle is about due this week I can tell because I have some bloating that is painful. I will be glad when that is done with. 

The cats are good. 

I was going to do some cooking later but I think I will do it now.  Had to finish the laundry. Blanket is in the dryer, sheets are in the washer. I like to add a little baking soda to bedding loads for odor control. Not that I think my bed reeks but I want it fresh.  

I made up my $2 ground sausage and grated cheese. I also added some blackeyed peas for New Years. I was not terribly impressed with the beans.  They were OK and I'll eat them but next time I might get the spicy version. Kind of bland. 

Ron swore by this brand said it was what he ate when he lived alone in TX as a kid just out of High School. But,meh. Ron,you had that one wrong. 

I am still looking or a good canned bean. If you have a suggestion I can find in Houston I'll try it. I have Amazon Prime, a Joe V's, a Kroger, a La Mihoacana (I think I spelled that right), Foodarama but that is pretty far and they don't allow me to bring bags in the store.   Of course a Walmart Super Center as well.  I would like to cook some ground meat, mix it with some beans, add some shredded cheese and call that a meal. 

I not strict low carb.  I do basically want to do what Atkins suggested and eat more like I will maintaining as I lose. I have also enabled the calories burned deduction on my app so the daily activity subtracts carbs/calories etc off my allowance for the day (I get to eat more, being more active). 

The ground sausage at my primary grocery is fantastic. Next time I go I'm going to buy several and put them in the freezer.  I had been looking for a good sausage so I am really happy about that. Sausage and cheese is a great meal. Freezer, happily, and fridge do have a lot of meat. 

I may look into getting some Carb Quick.that might be nice to make a few "biscuits". If you have experience with it please tell me I would be very interested. 

That's it for now. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We in Tennessee have a brand name glory they have beans an greens in cans they are seasoned well an there is a brand called Margaret it's good to

Heather Knits said...

I think we have Glory here too I will look at work tomorrow. I don't mind paying a little more for something with actual flavor.