Tuesday, January 3, 2023

I am not a billboard

 So, hopefully I do get some fun things today: my fancy new underwear is coming (highly reviewed). The nice thing about the underwear it will cover my goal size up to about now. So I can wear it a long time. Tshirts coming are a men's large which will also be good for a long while.  I don't see myself getting down to a Men's Medium but you never know. 

I used to buy t shirts from Lady Foot Locker and I was down to a Medium in them at one point. Let me see if they are still around.  Yes they are, but a cursory search only shows $60 t shirts which don't interest me even if I could afford them. 

That's the thing: I don't want to wear a logo. I am not a billboard.  I will wear a small logo on butt pocket of my jeans but that is about it.  I don't care whose logo it is I am not a billboard. I have very strong views on that. 

At one point my stepsister and I were the same size. I wore "Gitano" jeans from K mart. She had "Guess" jeans she bought with babysitting money. Our clothes got mixed up in the wash and one day I wore her jeans to school. The kids were SO impressed, seriously. I didn't care. I honestly thought they were the K mart jeans. When I got home I folded them and put them in front of her door. 

Cindy is a "Classic" style type so quality brands are very important to her. Nothing wrong on that.  But I am a "Sporty" and will wear whatever fits right. So men's t shirts are just fine for work, although I wore my cobalt sweater to work yesterday. 


I will just leave that up there. When my aunt takes my photo she coaches me how to pose to look good because I am clueless. But there I am. 

I was a little uncertain about the neckline but I got used to it and my family didn't say anything. 

It should be quieter today everyone going back to work and school.  But I am wearing my mask and taking sanitizer,  I also brought some extra masks for my coworkers if they want. I hate to think of one of them getting sick. We don't have much leave and would much rather spend it having fun. 

That's it for now. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way but I'm jonesing for a Coach purse. It's not the label, it's the quality. I'm making it a goal to get one this year.

Heather Knits said...

For me it is shoes. It has to be a comfortable and supportive sneaker. I usually get Sketchers.

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way with Sketchers - not because of the name but they are about the only brand I can wear and be on my feet all day.

Anonymous said...

That's my other vice lol but I don't smoke cigarettes or gamble so why not!

Heather Knits said...

I was riding home with Rudy (bus driver) one day after work. If you want to talk to the driver you have to stand. I stood up talking to him on the way home and he asked me how I could after a day on my feet at Walmart. The shoes! I am also (LOL) carrying a lot less meat around to paraphrase my father in law. I didn't say that. :p