Saturday, October 1, 2022

Saturday morning

 There's a guy at work, works nights, young enough to be my kid but old enough to know better...lives with his parents, but has a reputation for fixing phone problems.  I threw myself on the mercy yesterday and he had my app fixed in 2 minutes.  Hopefully it sticks.  For now it is working, which means I can request time off, check my schedule, and log in and out.  

I don't plan to request any time off any time soon but it is nice to have the option.  I didn't know how to do that back in personnel.  

Work was OK it was one of those "Heather doesn't have enough to do so let's add 4 more things to it" deals.  I did what I could.  I know my boss has a snitch in my shift (at least one) so hopefully the snitch reported I was working hard.  

I was not happy the boss came by with her sick grandbaby.  She had 3 people at home could have taken care of him, why bring him to the store and expose all your associates to whatever he has?  I stayed away when they were all fussing over him.  I don't have medical coverage or sick leave.  I can't afford to catch it, whatever it is.  I was not happy she chose to do that, she could wipe out the whole department.  

Today won't be bad getting to work as I called a cab but tomorrow will suck.  It will be dark, it will be cold.  It will be very early.  I have a light I will wear on my clothes so the bus will see me, because who is looking for a passenger at 6 in the morning on a Sunday in a residential neighborhood?  Going home today and tomorrow shouldn't be bad because it will be warmer and sunny.  I also work Monday.  

I need to take my shower.   Done.  Used the "good" shampoo and conditioner as my hair does look better using it (Walmart generic version of Fructis sleek and shine).  

Got my candy done up and took $20 out of grocery money to put on my bus card.  I am down in the $30's and I like to keep it around $50-60.  I do 3 rides to work a week and the rest of it I'm on the bus so it makes sense to feed the card.  I will do that on the way home.  

Worst case I can do it tomorrow on my way to work.  No one will be on the bus at that hour.  I spent some time with the schedules which is a pain because I go one direction, one stop, cross the street at the light, go the other direction, go to transit center, catch work bus...I thought I would probably have to leave the house at 6:30 to get there on time (they changed my hours).  After some time with the bus schedules I concluded I would have to leave the house at 6:30 so I thought it was funny.  Maybe I just need to trust it will take 2 hours to get to work no matter when I ride...it's a thought.  

I woke up with a mild/moderate headache.  I was working on a migraine last night but I managed to beat it back with a Diet Pepsi and a one ounce bag of chips.  I knew my carbs were low for the day...Anyway that helped last night but here it is again.  I took a caffeine pill when I got up (100 mg) so I can't take Excedrin or they will think I'm on something illegal.  I think I will just take plain Tylenol.  

I also brought a mask for work.  I am not getting sick if I can avoid it and 2 associates came in said they were sick on their days off; then the sick baby last night, and other people hacking and wheezing around me at work.  Some of that is probably seasonal allergies but I don't have sick time (used it all to see Mom and Dad), and I don't have medical coverage.  

Thanks to Medicaid rules I will likely NOT have medical coverage as my escrow/emergency fund puts me in the "too rich" category even though it isn't much and will all be gone in a couple of months with property tax and HOA assessment.  So I am wearing the mask.  I will take it off when I get on the bus to say Hi and smile at the driver when I give him his candy but then put it back on because that first bus going home has the freak show.  

My cab driver said he couldn't get me at 9 which is what I originally asked but said he could do 9:15.  I start at 10:30 so that should work.  I appreciate the extra half hours she worked into my schedule as they add up, 3 days of that is $20 and I can buy a lot of food with that, or a big bag of cat food.  I am on the schedule of 3 days off in a row, work 5 days, 2 days off, work 4 days, 3 days off.  So coming up I have 2 days off but I work Monday which is an extra $50 I can use.  

All the cats said goodbye they were all adorable.  Cleo is still really skittish I didn't know she would take my trip so hard.  But she is out in the public areas she just freaks out if I walk by in a hurry.  And she is a little iffy about letting me pet her and ducks the hand sometimes.  That's OK.  I will always come back to her.  

That's it for now.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You only work part time you shluld be able to get an Obama care plan for zero to 30.00 a month based on your income. Yes the deductibles are high but if you have a catastrophic health issues you would be grateful to have it. Plus prescriptions and doctor visits are cheaper with insurance than without insurance.

Anonymous said...

I believe it is 8000 you are allowed in savings to still qualify for Medicaid. You really should look into it instead of assuming anything.

Anonymous said...

Could you pay your taxes monthly or semi monthly or twice a year so it doesn't build up so much? Same with HOA fees?

Barbara

Heather Knits said...

Oh I've been saving. It's just will that savings get me in trouble? God only knows. It would rock if I could get food stamps and Medicaid, maybe a free bus card, I will take it. I pay my taxes and provide a living for myself but could use some caulk to say the least.