Monday, October 31, 2022

Monday afternoon

 Got to work OK.  I brought full sized Snickers for my drivers who seemed singularly unimpressed.  Good thing I am doing it for God and not for acclaim.  They all probably think I am "rich".  😂😂

I got my phone charged OK it was 100% before I clocked in.  I had the display as maximum brightness and turned it down to 50%, interestingly enough I am getting much better battery life out of that.  Good to know.  I was able to log in and out OK.  

Boss left me alone to do my thing which I did.  She has made it clear what she wants so I did it.  I helped a lot of customers which I like.  As I was getting ready to leave a man with some obvious neurological differences (maybe autistic) asked for help with shoelaces so I walked him back.  Then I clocked out.  I bought more pinata mix as I was almost out.  

I got home quick which is great but I am really tired.  I already had some green tea and now having leaded black tea.  If I really need a boost I have some guarana tea. 

So far energy level is good, handed out about 10 bags of candy.  Saw a pug in an inmate costume.  Maybe I need to hand out cat treats to the dog.  PER VET dogs can eat cat food, but cats cannot eat dog food.  So the dog could eat a cat treat if the owner was OK with it.  

Seen some cute kids, it isn't even 7 yet I think a lot of parents want to get this over with, early.  

Cats are likely hiding under the bed as they are rescues and have met Bad Humans before.  To them every stranger is a Bad Human.  I turned off Criminal Minds as the kids don't need to see that.  

I remember I was watching TV one day and Ron walked past me into the kitchen, got a snack, walked back, stopped behind my chair for a minute.  What is that? Huh?  I replied, what do you mean?  It sounds like someone's being tortured.  Oh, they are, I replied.  Then I thought about it and turned it off.  Kids don't need to hear and see that.  

So I really don't watch any of that anymore.  I do like my fireman show but that is it.  Sometimes Blue Bloods.  

Just waiting on the kids... will roll it up at 10 PM so 3 more hours.  But if tonight goes well that is 100 kids reached, and their families possibly.  I'm going to go organize my work bag.  

Just had a Darth Vader and a Wonder Woman.  

Bad news I cannot find my pumpkin pudding recipe.  All I remember it used a lot of butter, canned pumpkin, and eggs.  But not how much.  

That said I saw an ad for a church "Harvest Fest".  First I have to tell you one reason Halloween is special to me even though I am a born again evangelical.  Dad ALWAYS got home early from work on Halloween (he worked a lot of hours) and took us trick or treating.  It was wonderful quality time which meant more to me than the candy.  

One year we did not do that and went to the church for a party again.  They had apple cider, which was OK, bobbing for apples which I didn't like, a few games, and most importantly NO CANDY.  They had a few cookies but that was it.  My older siblings declared it "lame" and all  4 kids were in agreement we never wanted to do that again and would much rather go trick or treating.  

When I was 13 I was severely depressed and did not go trick or treating which I regret now.  But overall very positive and happy memories.  Then good memories with Ron sitting off to the side listening to the little voices yelling trick or treat.  Buying the "good" candy.  Etc.  

So this is important to me even though I have worked 6 days in a row and am exhausted.  Not virtue signalling just stating a fact.  This is worth it.  And the kids are really excited when they see the candy bar.  

The only bad thing I have to keep my bra on.  I don't mind wearing the jeans but is a bra ever comfortable?  I don't think so, at least not the ones I can afford.  Normally this time of night, if I'm still awake, I am in a t shirt and sweats.  

Speaking of jeans I have a lot of laundry in my future.  I don't want to do it tonight.  

Biscuit came out from under the bed but we haven't had any kids for a while.  I am sure they are coming.  We aren't on a main street.  Ron always used to say that.  

They're coming now.  It is a mix of small toddlers and older, non-costumed, teenagers.  Everyone gets the candy at my house.  No middle aged kids this year I find that interesting.  Maybe they went to a harvest festival.  But I still have an hour and a half before I call it quits.  

How sad is it there is nothing I can watch on TV that I'd allow a small child to view.  Maybe I will sort the laundry and get it ready to go for tomorrow.  I need to look at the weather too.  

Definitely going to rain tomorrow so I will stay home and clean.  

Now that was rude, a mother and 2 kids.  Mother demanded candy for herself.  I gave it to her because it has the booklet but the mother is supposed to "check" the kids' candy, make half of it "disappear", and then eat it in the finest American tradition.  That's what my parents did.  I never got a Milky way ever.  They all went to my parents.  

Oh well.  No kids in a while it is almost 9:15.  I'm going to keep it open until 10 and then go to bed.  I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow.  

I think I'll sign off for the night.  

No comments: