Friday, October 28, 2022

Friday morning

We got some rain last night and now my phone is saying I will not have rain on the way to work, as forecast last night.  

My neighbor has a tree guy out, I think he is trimming my trees on the property line.  I am glad she didn't ask me to do it.  Glad she hired a "real" tree guy and not some lowest bidder fly by night like she usually does.  Not happy she is trimming my tree, though.  She tends to have him trim way over on my side and not just the stuff that hangs over.  

I cooked up the last of the pork chops this morning.  They make a big mess, which makes me rethink doing them again.  They were cheap but very messy to cook.  How many times can I say that?  Also a long time to cook I did 5 minutes a side as I do not have a meat thermometer, I will look into getting one at work today because I don't want to make myself sick.  

I woke up with Cleo and Biscuit in the bed it was very cute.  Yesterday I had 100 mg caffeine tablet with breakfast, 2 diet Dews before/during work, and then a coworker brought me a cup of coffee before my lunch, but I still slept OK.  

I just had a diet Dew for breakfast and will have one at the bus stop leaving so I won't drowse off on the bus.  

I work 3-10 tonight.  They had me scheduled until 11 last night and today but I cannot do that, my guy can only pick me up at 10.  I told the personnel manager in a note.  If there is fallout I will deal with me.  What I do they don't need me after 10.  

I need to take my shower, the cooking took a lot of time out of my day.    

That's done.  A snowshoe cat is sniffing around the cat door and really wants to come in, acting very submissive to Biscuit.  Clearly someone's pet it is well fed and a purebred.  Biscuit is not having it.  My other cats are watching the show.  

Also read the bus company is installing safety barriers on the buses, basically so the passengers cannot attack the drivers which does happen.  That is very sad.  I hope I can still hand candy through the barriers.  

It does not say much about the quality of the average bus passenger.  The commute routes are different of course.  But this?  Good thing I carry my stun gun.  

Some chance of rain so I brought my rain jacket.  I am wearing a long sleeved shirt for a change today.  I don't want to bring a jacket and I hear the rain is chilly.  

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather did you see my comment on Sun about low-income programs for utilities directly from the companies, also GoodRX for meds?

Heather Knits said...

Oh yes, will look into utilities. For medication, for 4 scripts I pay $25 a month I don't think I will do better than that. All hail the generic drug.