Saturday, October 22, 2022

#6 had a big party last night

It went very late, I got very little sleep.  He never thinks that his neighbors may need to work on the weekend.  Or he doesn't care, I think it's a combination.  Ron would go over there (when he could) and repeatedly tell him "We need to go to work early on Saturday" and he would say OK and turn it up and party harder.  He is just not a thoughtful person.  

He is the type of person had a big "conversion" experience some years back, put church bumper stickers on his cars for a while, had people over in the middle of the night singing hymns in his backyard, but that passed and now it is the drinking and the polka music again.  My aunt kept telling me "It was a really good church" and I kept telling her I don't believe a truly saved person would knowingly put his neighbors out so he could party.  Especially Ron.  Me, I get, I don't "look" disabled.  But Ron was very clearly and obviously messed up.  

On another note I got my schedule, I will be back to my normal routine in a few weeks, thank God.  I just need to figure out lunch for today.  And tomorrow.  I went with chicken salad and even got (well God did it) the can opener to work.  

Like anyone I am more prone to cheating on my diet if I am tired and stressed out.  So it is important to have good food on hand.  That's why I was so peeved with the "off at 8 PM on the weekends" because I like to do my food shopping on my way out on Sunday afternoon when I take the bus.  But it would be very difficult to take the bus at 8 PM and I can't expect the cab driver to wait on me, either.  And I only have 2 days off.  I will figure it out.  

I do have a decent amount of eggs, some yogurt, mayo, tuna, some food in the freezer.  

I need to shave my legs when I get in the shower.  They were fine up until last night but compression socks and leg hair are not a good combination, I got very itchy.  I couldn't scratch at work of course.  

I texted with Jack last night he said he will be up for giving me rides Thursday and Friday again which is good.  He is closer than the cab driver.  I don't like making someone drive a longish way to pick me up.  I just need to verify that on Wednesday and then tell the cab driver.  

I'm going to take my shower.  

So here's the punchline, 7 AM I'm in the shower and I hear #6 get in his work truck and drive away (he is a contractor).  I don't know what he had for breakfast but I know he got about 4 hours of sleep.  I used to keep a log of all his family birthdays and there are a lot in October so I guess they had "October Birthdays" last night, if I had to guess.  I hope that is it for a while.  

Getting ready to go to work.  Weekends in retail are like dog years, much longer than you would think.  A 7 hour shift feels like 14.  And I have two, seven hour, shifts.  I'll make it.  

Here is a little trick I picked up a while back.  Skip to the ++ if you are squeamish.  I have found my 100 mg caffeine pill will produce a bowel movement within a few minutes of taking it.  Every time.  So I will not be taking the caffeine pills to work!  +++

I am debating buying a six pack of Diet Dew and drinking that.  Not the whole six pack but one or two.  But they also mess with my blood sugar so I may not.  We will see.  

I am eating the last of the pecans.  They were good but I will not be buying more.  

I think my aunt is back in town which means I can talk to her more, once she gets settled in (where she lives, not Houston).  Hopefully we can do a meetup next month.  I am glad I have the money for my doctor visit and medication, and blood test ideally.  I pay cash for the blood test and that has worked well for me.  I will just need a ride to and from.  That would be tricky to get to on the bus.  I will just add the rides to the cost of the blood test.  

I want to give it a couple weeks to let all the cheating clear my system, when I went to visit my parents.  My AIC would not be accurate, for instance.  I have also considered buying and taking some vitamin E capsules.  I think that would help my cholestrol, but we will see.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: