Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Well that was scary

I heard yard guys come when I was doing my God Time.  The boy cats fled in terror, Biscuit has still not come out, while Cleo napped on the bed, yawned, and groomed herself.  She is getting much bolder.  

I thought it was my guys came back even though the yard is fine and they were just here last week.  I went out and waved, it was for next door.  I saw a branch on the ground.  

We had severe weather last night as I said and a small branch blew down, it was about 4 feet long and obviously dead.  The wind took it off.  

As I threw it in the trash can (mostly empty) I saw a shingle on the ground.  It was black.  I have not seen shingles on the ground since Hurricane Ike back in 2008.  I freaked out thinking it was one of mine, but as I looked at my roof it was fine, looked perfect in fact.  Also my shingles were a medium brown and not black, so not my shingle.  Next door at #2 they have black shingles.  

She might read this so I will be careful.  The homeowner was renting out the house during Hurricane Ike and they had severe roof damage, most of the shingles gone, down to bare wood.  My house was unscathed praise God.  I spent a fair amount of time picking their shingles out of my yard.  She went with a contractor I believe was the lowest bidder and has had ongoing leaks and other issues ever since.  Her daughter lives there now and is my favorite neighbor.  She likes the cats, is quiet, and always says Hi when she sees me.  

So my question is do I tell the daughter I found a shingle in my yard?  I am thinking no.  They have a 2 story house so I can't see the roof, the one little part I did see looked OK.  

About my roof I went all around the house all 4 sides to look, which I can.  That is the nice thing about a one story.  Not to mention I didn't have to worry about Ron falling down the stairs.  

It is sunny, windy, and cooler.  If it is this cool tomorrow I will need a jacket.  Looks like it will rain on Friday when I work... boo.  I mean we desperately need the rain, but maybe it can go like last year and rain after I get to work.  That happened a lot.  That was very convenient right after I would walk in the store it would start pouring.  

I may go outside to sit in the sun for a while.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez be a good neighbor and tell her.

Heather Knits said...

The daughter is fine but the mother can be touchy. I am worried the mother will get involved and confrontational with me (she has in the past).

YES I am a coward.