Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Afternoon update

 I have an aversion to talking about good deeds because Jesus said if you get credit on Earth you don't get credit in Heaven.  That makes sense.  And I would rather have a heavenly reward.  

I have had a tempestuous relationship with the candy and Scripture booklet in a baggy (I will refer from now on as "candy").  People began demanding candy every time they saw me, it got expensive, and I didn't feel like it was making any eternal impact.  I wrote blogs about this (you can search "Driver Candy"), would stop for a while, feel convicted and resume.  On again, off again.  

Well I have certainly been "on" since Ron died and have handed out so many bags the bus drivers now call me "The Candy Lady".  I am pleased to have that title but it is a responsibility.  

Especially with INFLATION and CANDY SHORTAGES it has been HARD!  First time I have said that. 

So yesterday I was pleased to find a big bag of pinata mix five pounds for $10, and it is pretty good candy (I ate a piece one time to make sure I was handing out something worthy of The Name), I also found a bag of caramels for $5 and went ahead and got that.  I tried a piece of that about an hour ago and it was divine, and according to my app only about 8 carb grams.  I have no desire to eat more I just wanted to check it.  That's a point it might be good to have a teenage stepson.  I could try stuff on him.  

Anyway I am happy about that and plan to bag up a bunch tonight.  That should hold me for a week for both and another week with just the pinata mix.  And hopefully they will have something at work by then.  They had NOTHING Sunday just some lollipops which were pretty well received considering.  

But finding good candy I can afford has been an ongoing issue for a while.  So pray for that ongoing if you don't mind.  I have had rare feedback now and then from people saying they found the booklet impactful and relevant so I am glad.  I don't get that very often, though.  

But I have pride issues so I can see why God limits the feedback.  "Look what I'm doing!"  Nope it's not me at all it is God choosing to use me, and when the pride and ego come in there goes my effectiveness.  

I tried to take a nap but it didn't work.  Oh, there goes the air conditioner.  Haven't heard that in a while but it was supposed to get in the 90's today.  Based on usage it should be a pretty low bill next month.  Which gets me thinking about my budget which is depressing.  It shouldn't be, I can pay everything.  

I just wish I knew what was going on with my prescriptions so I could budget for that.  I also need to buy ideally 80 full sized snickers bars for the kids, and ziplocks.  

I have done a really good job of avoiding the dishes and cooking but I did make some tuna for lunch.  I had problems with my electric can opener but it is working again.  That's good.  I have a manual but I prefer to save that for emergencies.  

I talked to my aunt and texted a little with a (female) coworker friend.  So I feel like I had a decent amount of human contact.  I am really concluding I wither without it.  

I will call my parents later...after I do the dishes and the cooking.  

No comments: