Thursday, October 13, 2022

Thursday morning

I slept OK and woke up with Biscuit.  It is always wonderful to wake up to Biscuit.  I need to wash my bedding at some point but for now I think it is OK.  

I got up and did my usual get ready stuff.  Shower, God Time.  Have not done up the candy yet that should be fun as I know I have delicious caramels in there.  I don't want to eat any more but it is good to know they are high quality.  

I have not as of yet put my pumpkins (plastic) in the window as I want to wait until I have the candy bars.  I got the booklets yesterday which is super fast shipping for World Missionary Press they are obviously on board with me handing them out in Halloween candy.  

But I was thinking and I believe I have an answer to why I am not a better housekeeper.  It has been my experience the men I knew (generally friends of ours and some tradesmen) who came over were put off by the house.  It's a deterrent.  And that has been a useful deterrent.  But maybe it is time to step up a little and do more at least sweep more.  

I do take care of the toilet and sinks, stuff like that, but the rest of it not really.  But it's a sure fire repellent, I know that any man who comes over (including Jack during the cat sitting) is going to say 'No way".  That is reassuring.  I need to think about this.  

The last man I had over to the house (other than Jack, with the cat sitting), was he plumber supervisor with the broken pipe in the yard.  And whenever someone comes over they always look around...I need to talk to my aunt about this.  

At the end of it I am still raw and not wanting another man in my life.  And that is understandable because I had several kinds of abuse including physical, verbal, financial, and religious.  I had to hide my faith like a persecuted Christian, getting up hours before Ron to pray and do my Bible study.  I see all this but have I really worked it through?  No, not really.  I need more time.  

So either he had better have a lot of patience or he is going to have to wait a few years.  For now I am just single and OK with that, a lot more OK than I thought I would be, honestly.  And the 3 widows in my family all stayed single and the stable one was happy with it.  

That closed I have to figure out breakfast.  I made tuna (did not have problems with the electric can opener, I am pretty certain my trials are all user error as I'm not used to it) for dinner tonight.  I have the taco and cheese thing (meat and cheese) for lunch.  But breakfast I am clueless.  Normally I do some walnuts I have to see if I have any left.  

I do pretty much enough for one day.  So I'm good today.  Tomorrow I will figure something out.  

My aunt is doing a road trip with one of her sons and his family this weekend that should be a lot of fun for them.  I will text her when I get home the nights I work late.  

I will, if my schedule holds, have a nice amount of money in early November from working all the extra hours before Halloween.  I just hope they give me Halloween off.  At least the nighttime part, but God is bigger than all that and if He wants it to happen it will.  

I did not get my cycle yesterday so I will keep wearing my protection because I have no idea when it might come or even if it will.  I can't always run to the bathroom on a whim so I need to be prepped.  It would be incredibly embarrassing to have a problem at this stage in my life.  

I have a nice pair of jeans to wear today that fit well and have good pockets.  God has done an amazing job with me for clothing.  I was going to have 3 days off at the end of the month and hoping my aunt could come down to shop, but now I have to work one day.  She could always come down when I have 2 days off of course.  We will see.  She is very busy with grandkids, and another one is arriving after the first of the year and I am certain she will be helping out a lot with him.  

I'm going to get dressed and do up the candy. That's done.  I really feel good handing this stuff out.  I did forget about the wet clothes in the dryer so I ran them for a little bit, I can finish them when I get home.  

Just getting ready to go now... that's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't have to hide your faith from Ron, you chose to.
I have become very intolerant to cowardly abusers, especially knowing I can live without them.
I'm 64 and been through a lot in my life. You don't have to give up on happiness because of past bad experiences.

Heather Knits said...

I felt I did have to hide it, if I referenced God, faith, prayer, or Bible study I got the tirade finished by Ron shouting at God. It was easier to get up early.

I haven't given up, I'm just not looking. If God has the right guy for me he will come along.