Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Wednesday morning

 I got paid today.  That was discouraging doing up the budget.  Good news I do have enough for everything.  The rides are a real issue I have to pay for them 3x a week.  Sometimes I think I would do OK if I didn't have to pay for rides but of course I do.  Just whining.  

I don't want to cry poor all the time.  I have a fridge full of food, everything is working, etc.  So I hang onto that.  The cats are good and I have plenty of food for them.  I bought enough groceries to hold me for a while.  I will get some more salad this weekend and that should do it.  

I slept pretty well, did not wake up for a change.  When I got up I had Cleo in my bed she was very cute tromping all over my chest and shoving her butt at me.  She is adorable.  I feel like no one else knows it because she always hides when anyone comes over.  I didn't see the boys but the weather is nice so not worried.  

I need to eat (already took my pills) and clean the litter box, get laundry going.  I did not put it in the dryer when I did it the other day so I'm going to run it again.  Honestly, the worst thing that happened this morning: I checked my receipt for yesterday's groceries.  I had bought a 2 ounce bag of in shell pumpkin seeds marked at 25 cents.  I thought they might be good for work.  When I checked the receipt today they were $1.68.  So I wasn't happy that's almost a pound of turkey.  I will not go back and raise a stink but I am never buying them again.  

And that's pretty good.  

I will also tell my aunt to go ahead and move that $250 to escrow because I don't want to see it until tax time.  And I can afford the internet and cell phone but I will have to borrow a little from my birthday money to get the rides, and I'm OK with that.  What loving family member would say "NO" to me getting a safe ride home late at night in the dark?  I have "stuff" I am OK with that.  

My weight is up about a pound but I "may" have ovulated 2 weeks ago which almost sure fire means I get the cycle today.  We will see.  And that is another good thing I have plenty of female supplies when/if it comes.  I always carry something in my vest because things are unpredictable and I work with some young girls so if they ever ask I have something I can share.  

When I worked at Target I was known as the person who had tampons and Advil in her vest.  I had various people coming up and asking and I was fine with that.  I really am well suited to public work I like helping people.  And I don't get tired of it.  

I get tired of difficult people and screaming babies but anyone would.  But overall I enjoy my job.  

I am really liking my "new" rings.  They fit great, are very comfortable, pretty to look at.  I don't think they are too much, no one has said anything with me riding the bus.  And if I get robbed I hand them over (not fighting like I did last time), file a police report, and go back to wearing a $10 titanium ring.  

I did do something last night I am glad of.  I used some of my birthday money to buy a food scale.  I have been wanting one for a while; I cut off a chunk of cheese from my block.  How big is it?  How many grams or ounces?  I don't know, it's cheese.  So that will be good.  That comes today.  It was only $10.  It was not on special but I have been eyeing it a few months.  

I want to get a meat thermometer but I want a red one, with a regular AA or AAA battery and none of the ones I saw had that; so I will keep looking.  I haven't killed myself yet eating my cooking so I think I am OK.

I am going to go make more tea and then see if I can call my aunt. She is busy.  She cuts hair for her husband and 4 boys.  One son has a very high profile job.  And their hair always looks great.  She did my hair back in February, the ends.  Did a good job.  

She was cutting her husband's hair and then said she would call me after.  She is super busy so I am hoping she can squeeze me in.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: