Saturday, October 29, 2022

Saturday Morning

Just got my schedule that is interesting.  My fourth week of 30+ hours.  One, that means more money even with rides.  Two that means if this keeps up I will be eligible for benefits in about 6 months.  Well, 5 now.  So it remains to be seen if this keeps up.  

I have some start at 9 AM hours coming up I need to talk to my guys.  Something like that I would rather start the day off with a ride and then take a bus home vs. going out in the dark at 6 AM to catch the bus.  I don't like crossing the very busy street in the dark.  Although daylight savings is coming and it will be lighter during the day.  

Work went fine.  I had the high energy co worker.  She worked adjacent to me and we get along so that is good.  I got my break and lunch on time.  The day went fine.  

It did start pouring rain right after I got to work so I was glad I left when I did.  Everyone kept coming in the breakroom and asking "Is that rain?" it was funny.  But I was dry.  My meals were good (prepared by me) and filling.  

I cooked up my last 3 pork chops yesterday morning so all I need to do is cut one up if I decide to have that for breakfast vs. my donut.  Will they still have the donut 2 hours later than usual?  I don't know so I will probably bring the pork chop and then I don't have to eat it.  I only do the donut once a week.  My weight is good this morning.  

I didn't see the other cat again I guess Biscuit ran it off, which is fine.  It was obviously an owned animal.  I guess it says good things about my neighborhood they have $1,000 cats running around.  I have never been interested in a purebred.  I like my alley cats.  

And they are OK with me being gone 11-12 hours a day when I work.  Not a lot of animals would consider that fair but they do sleep with me so we all get our cuddle time.  

I came up with a theory about my hip.  I noticed sitting on the bus I had the stun gun under my hip in my back pocket and it was lumpy and uncomfortable.  I think I will wear my vest to work and keep the stun gun in my vest pocket (front) so I am not sitting on it.  Doing that yesterday my hip was better last night.  It might be that easy!  That way I still have access to the stun gun.  

It was a little concerning my direct supervisor gave a lecture about safety, don't go in the parking lot alone, an associate got robbed last night, speech before I started work yesterday.  Not what I wanted to hear.  So I want that stun gun at the ready.  

Once or twice we had someone in the front end (customer) go off screaming, breaking things, one guy threw a shopping cart in the last year or so.  Someone like that comes near me and I can't get away I want that stun gun.  I would go down fighting.  

I really think Social Security should make disability payments for bipolar, etc. contingent on taking medication, complete with random blood tests to prove someone is actually on the medication.  You pass, you keep getting your check.  You don't pass they cut your benefits until you pass another random test.  I think that would help a lot.  But they're not going to listen to me.  

Because a lot of people are getting money and running around unmedicated, which is not fair to the taxpayers paying into that check.  Just my theory.  And I would be the first to get the blood test.  And I don't even get social security, I pay into it though.  

It is going to be very interesting planning my budget with the extra money coming in.  I need to figure out transportation, although a couple weeks from now it only looks like I need 3 rides and all that in the morning.  I get off at 4 those days so I can definitely take the bus home.  I have 3 days off coming up in about a week which will be very nice, I am looking forward to that.  I have my doctor phone visit coming up on Tuesday but all I have to do is answer my p hone for that, and pick up my scripts Thursday or Friday.  And I have the money for both thanks to my insurance refund.  

I plan to get more candy today.  When I get home today I can start bagging tonight and tomorrow.  I have the booklets, will need more zip locks, and plenty of candy bars.  

So things are going pretty well for having to get up at 5 AM on Saturday.  I decided to eat a pork chop for breakfast.  

Yesterday I went ahead and bought myself a meat thermometer as it had a couple things I wanted: easy to change "regular" battery and a probe.  It is the kind you poke in the meat while it is cooking and then take it out.  I am tired of guessing when I cook raw meat, I have been OK so far but the way they raise it I have to be careful.  

I just need to get dressed and do up some candy once I finish the pork chop.  All done.  I changed my jeans so I had to load the new jeans with my stuff.  

Pockets are very important to me.  I am wearing my vest but taking my name tag off.  It's cold, to me, outside so I am taking a jacket.  It doesn't really match the vest but I will live.  I was walking past Fabrics on Wednesday night and saw some of the floral picks on the floor.  They had been flocked.  I got them back up where they went but I got the flocking all over my navy hoodie, which now needs to be washed.  So I am wearing the mauve one which doesn't really mesh with the Walmart Blue vest.  Oh, well.  

At least the drivers will figure out where I work.  When I get to work I need to buy some candy for both my daily handouts and Halloween.  Happily I have a ride home.  

I am used to getting a ride in on Saturday but I had to choose so I picked a ride home today.  I am hoping to eke out a ride home on Halloween as I get off at 3 and want to get home early.  

That's it for now, I have to go.  

No comments: