Sunday, October 23, 2022

Sunday morning

 Made it through the night.  Sad thing the extra money I made went to my ride home.  Sometimes I really think I need a ride Daddy.  Forget sugar, God takes care of my bills.  But I could use a ride now and then.  

I never know who might read this but the schedule the next couple weeks makes no sense at all.  Redundant shifts, etc.  It is not a holiday weekend (that is next weekend, I get doing it then).  I mean it is good for me to get out of the house and good for my cab driver to get some money for the ride home.  But it didn't make sense.  Things go back to normal the week after next.  

I do wish I had a ride in today.  I won't but I can wish.  I would rather have the ride home, even at 8 it was dark and creepy around the store last night.  Plus it would be a 2 hour ride home.  

I do feel a little cheated, when I get off at 3 I get home at 5 and I have 5 PM onward as my time off.  When I work late I miss a couple of those hours, but I am paid for them.  But it goes to the cab driver!  I don't begrudge him that I never do.  It is just funny.  When I was doing my budget when I was first hired I never thought I would need so many rides.  The budget looked really good until then.   

At any rate the coworkers and customers were fine.  I had a good break and lunch; the Mountain Dew did it's thing and kept me awake.  I drank one when I got up.  I actually drank half a bottle before I remembered to weigh myself.  And I was still down to 186 so I am losing again.  

I need to figure out my days off.  Apparently there is a decent chance of rain Tuesday so I will have to go out Monday.  I also need to figure out candy and such as I am getting low again.  Do I want to get more caramels?  I do like the budget grocery store's ground frozen turkey and they also sell the caramels.  So I could do that.  And I need to bring my debit card so I can hit the ATM today.  I don't like to have a lot of "plastic" transactions as cash is easier to track.  

I slept well tonight but I didn't have any cats.  I saw Biscuit and Cleo when I got up though, they still have a lot of food so someone else outside is feeding them.  I have mixed feelings about that.  I am glad someone is feeding them vs. trying to poison them.  That they are cared for vs. people throwing rocks at them and trying to run them over.  But ideally I would really fix up that catio so they can go out in their "room" only and not roam anymore.  

Maybe if I get another stimulus, or a big tax refund.  I can't afford it now.  

Oh I forget if I told you I got my school tax bill.  That is $900 which is more than I was expecting.  I have about $1,400 saved already and I plan to keep saving, everything is due at the end of January so I will be fine but I won't have any spare.  

I am considering when to get my blood test.  One the one hand I say do it now.  But I am currently using a jar of "Meat Fats" (that is what is says on the canister), hydrogenated meat fats to cook my food.  That probably has a lot of trans fats and not good for my heart.  Maybe change up to a better fat like coconut oil?  Use that for a while first?  And get some Vitamin E on board too so my numbers look good in the blood test?  Or just continue as is and then do it in a couple weeks?  I haven't decided but am leaning toward getting a "better" fat.  I will have to look before work today.  

I need to take my shower but happily I have a little more energy today thanks to getting more sleep and having the Mountain Dew.  I will take another Dew with me to work on the bus so I can drink it if I start falling asleep again.  I don't want to miss my stop, that would be a mess.  

I am glad I have a ride home today and my buddy seems happy to give me the rides.  I need to take my shower... and I feel like I need another Mountain Dew.  

I have a pretty small lunch bag, I only had room for my 2 containers, the Mountain Dew, and the cold pack so I am eating my piece of fruit now hopefully for an energy boost.  

The Bible says we are surrounded by "a great cloud of witnesses" so I have to wonder sometimes if Ron is watching me and what he thinks of how I am living my life.  I hope he thinks I am doing a good job.  I hope I am smart enough to let God to all the heavy lifting and keep my anxiety and worrying to a minimum.  

Years ago after my diagnosis I had 2 choices, a well respected local doctor across town or the mental health clinic closer to home.  I went to the clinic first.  It was a horrible experience.  During the interview the technician asked me if I had anxiety.  I said "What's that?" and she told me.  "All the time".  I did that and went home, they said they could see me in a month or so but called me a few days later and said they had lost my records I would have to come in for another evaluation.  I took that as a sign from God and went with the other guy.  

He has been great but we are in agreement no anxiety meds, no sleeping pills.  I don't want anything that could be addictive.  Which means I have to handle it via faith.   Moderating my caffeine...once I finish this apple I am going to take my shower. 

Done.  I am also 99% sure I have everything I need for the night.  I just need to feed the cats before I leave.  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That $80 you are wasting on candy could go towards your rides too.

Anonymous said...

Adding you can get a bag of 100 pieces of candy for like $20 at walmart. There's no reason to be ridiculous about it if you just want to hand out candy. I doubt you get more than 100 kids trick or treating.

Anonymous said...

Regarding your ride to your doctor's appointment next month. You may want to contact https://groundangels.org they provide transportation to medical appointments and they may be able to give you a ride to and from.

Anonymous said...

There is also this place that can do 50% discount off taxi service
https://rides.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/default.aspx

And this for low income
https://www.navigatelifetexas.org/en/services-groups-events/services/harris-county-rides

Anonymous said...

Heather...you've been there well over a year now, from what you say it seems like you're considered a good employee. Have you thought about going to human resources or whatever WM calls them and talking it over with them. Maybe there's options you haven't thought of. Longer shifts over fewer days? Another department that would have you working hours that work better with the bus schedule? A transfer to a closer store? It just seems counter-productive to me, to work extra hours if it all goes to taxis.
Take care.
Barbara

Heather Knits said...

I will check out the ride program. God is hammering away at my pride and I will ask for help. I don't have to "see" him until next year probably May. This time I got away with a phone appt. Which is nice as I have time to save up for the visit if I can't swing a ride next year. I always took them chocolate when I had an office visit so I will be sure to do that again next year.

I get over 100 kids every year. I have the full sized candy bar and the big creepy taxidermy bear so I get a lot of action. I have 40 candy bars so far I think I will bag some of that up today or tomorrow. The rest I will pick up at work as I go the rest of the week. We do have plenty of what the store calls "Chocolate Checkout". It is funny as I am not on a main road (good for the cats!) but they find me anyway.

One thing I have yet to do is put my pumpkins up in the window so they know I am open for business.

We have two older ladies in my job, both are in poor health, one has talked about retiring pretty soon. I venture they would slot me in when she does go as I am good at my job. Even the autistic employee commented on it. They have also been loaning me out to another department so I could do that as well.

Anonymous said...

Don't assume anything about walmart giving you a better shift. If you don't ask you don't get and Barbara's right working all that extra just to give it to cab rides home is really pointless.

About the Halloween candy. Since you are pretty impoverished there is no reason on gods green earth for you to be giving away full size candy bars. You could buy 2 bags of the fun size candy bars which would give you over 200 pieces to hand out and it would be half the cost. You really need to be wiser about this. That extra 40 would better serve you for rides to and from work.

I hope you check out the reduced cab fares for low income also.

Heather Knits said...

My parents are certified chaplains (happened a few years back) and run a grief support group. The group talks about "gold" holiday traditions you keep no matter what, and "silver" ones you can let slide. For me I don't have any holiday traditions that really matter except handing out the full sized candy bar with the Scripture booklet. That is non negotiable.

If the other girl resigns she is working nights so it would actually be "worse" shifts for me.

About my rides, the 2 guys who help are 1000% reliable. I have had problems with Uber and Yellow Cab (particularly Yellow) not coming when requested.

I would take a bus voucher or some help with utilities and/or groceries though.

Anonymous said...

Have you checked with your utility companies for low income deductions? I have them for gas and electricity, water and garbage. Easy applications and they sure help. Do you use GoodRX for your prescriptions? All you have to do is ask the pharmacy if that price is better and they'll check right then. You can also go to GoodRX web page and look up what you take they give you their prices at all pharmacies.