Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Wednesday

Well I turned on the heater last night but only had it at 70.  I was OK in bed, a little chilly when I got up.  I had a nice cuddle with all 3 cats too.  They were so cute.  They like a nice soft bed with lots of blankets, I forget how much they like to sleep with me in the winter.  

I didn't take a shower yesterday I need to take one today.  Ugh.  Depression.  Anxiety.  Not fun.  I would hate to see me without my faith.  

I'll get through.  Just a hard day and I have to do my cooking and cleaning today.  I just want to go back to bed...I am considering setting my doctor's appointment for next month.  I'll see.   

I have been depressed enough I haven't opened my stuff from Amazon.  I opened my scale and set that up, weighed a piece of cheese and ate that, it was easy enough.  Now I just need to find a place to store it.  Next up is the egg cooker, I will do that in a while.  

I was watching TV, still am.  And seeing a lot of Medicare advantage plan commercials.  Now my parents have Medicare, Medicare supplement, and Medicare Drug plan, which is the way to do it if you can.  They get pretty much everything paid for and are very happy with it.  Dad has had various things with his heart and Mom has had some ER visits for her condition.  No complaints about bills.  So, if you can, do that.  

Now at the end of Ron's rehab stay he became obsessed with the bill and how much it would cost.  The finance lady told him she couldn't say what Medicare (classic) would pay but they charged about $1K a day.  It was a nice rehab.  So Ron was very discouraged and wanted to change from Classic Medicare.  She was still in the room, so was I.  I asked her about Advantage plans and she immediately said oh no never do that.  

I asked her what she meant.  She said you know your husband and his medical status (blind, half paralyzed, back surgery, 60's).  Medicare Classic had no problem approving him for treatment.  In fact you had your pick of hospitals.  I agreed.  

She said (and this is why I will not say the hospital as I am sure it violated HIPPA laws) she had just had a call from a woman on an Advantage plan.  She was in her 50's and had had a stroke affecting one arm.  Her Advantage plan denied her care.  And the lady said this is very common no one with the Advantage plan is EVER approved for rehab and sir you got 3 weeks.  

He did, he went from bed bound to walking around on a walker (for a while at least).  So if you are eligible think about that and don't call those 800 numbers.  Get a Supplement plan if you can swing it (Ron and I could not).  Get a drug plan (Ron did not have one and it added up).  

That's all on that.  It was just bothering me thinking about all the poverty level old people who may not be the sharpest getting scammed into thinking they will get lots of money "back" in their social security check when they are actually getting screwed out of much needed medical care.  

I don't know what I am going to do about my own medical care.  Dad says he will feel better if I get Obama care but I have been so depressed lately I haven't had the energy  And that's the sad thing about depression, you need medical care for other things but the depression overwhelms it all.  

I'm going to go make that phone appointment with my doctor.  Got that but now I have to do an in person visit next year which will suck.  Getting there I mean I think it is $120 round trip in a cab.  But it's only twice a year.  But still OUCH.  He is a good doctor though.   

I sat outside in the sun for a while and then got out my egg cooker and got that started.  We will see how it goes.  I only did 4 eggs.  We will see.  The eggs turned out great.  Glad I bought it.  

I like my kitchen appliances (the little ones) in red and I got it in red.  So I was happy to get it in red.  And I found a place for it in my tiny kitchen.  I like my kitchen, it's only big enough for one person.   

Just horrible with the depression today.  I need to do the dishes so I can do my cooking.  I did get a good nap with the cats.  Biscuit started it off and then Cleo and Spotty finished it with a lovely display of grooming each other.  They squabble a lot but they love each other.  That was good to see.  

I was happy I boiled up the eggs that will be a good breakfast or something.  I would like to eat more protein in the mornings and this is an easy way.  

I am going to take a break for a while and come back when I finished making all my dinners/lunches for the week.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

While you're cleaning, thank God you have a house to clean.
While preparing food, thank God you have food to eat. I think we can get wrapped up in what's not perfect but forget to be thankful. It can ALWAYS be worse.

Heather Knits said...

Oh I'm grateful. The depression just saps all my joy, day like this. I'll get through, I always do. Like I said I can't do it without God.

I read once bipolar has a 24% mortality rate, which is worse than breast cancer. 1 out of 4 people with this illness dies of it. That's horrible. Even with medication I suffer. I could not face the idea of another 30 years on Earth without God holding me up.

Anonymous said...

I don't have bipolar and this world is too much for me. I can definitely tell my joy is gone. Praying for the rapture all the time. Satan has taken so much from me.

Anonymous said...

When a person like heather has depression it's not as essy ad thanking God for what you have and said depression lifting. It is a brain issue that only medication can try to help not God. Ask Rick Warren about that his son had major depression and he killed himself.

Heather Knits said...

Even medication only takes the edge off.

It doesn't help living alone. My doctor has said that many times that his partnered/married patients do far better than his single ones. If he worries about his patients I am sure I come up now and then.

I am not suicidal. I want to be very clear on that. I am tired and in a lot of pain today but I don't want to end it. That said suicide is never a sudden act, it's the last act in a very long novel.

Anonymous said...

Denying the power of God is a fools errand

Anonymous said...

Job's wife tried to get him to curse God, too.