Monday, October 3, 2022

Monday morning

 I slept OK, woke up with Biscuit, also woke up with a headache.  I will have to ask my trusted people for ideas on how I can lean more on people and less on cats as I probably only have a few years left with Biscuit, he's a big boy, and not young, and that is not a good combo.  I really can't afford many cats so I won't get more if he dies...so I need to think about who is going to fill that hole.  

Anyway the headache is pretty awful and the house smells like sausage grease so that's revolting.  I don't know if it is me in ketosis again or what.  I do know I have a pounding headache and mildly nauseous.  Not hungry at all.  

I will go to work of course.  That's not optional.  The only time I didn't go I was very nauseous and couldn't get dressed, much less out the door and half a mile to the bus stop.  So I called in that day about a year ago.  I can get to work like this.  

One time I had to go to work with a migraine when Ron was alive and we had the business; a food machine was down and I was the only one who could fix it.  So I brought my bucket, went to work, fixed the machine, sat down, vomited in the bucket, got rid of it, went back to work, vomited all the way home.  The driver is like "What is WRONG with you?!" and I told him about migraines, he was very sympathetic.  These days they would not allow me to ride of course.  But Ron felt we couldn't lose the sales.  So I am used to working with a headache even though I am feeling a little better.  

I need to take my shower.  That's done, I have my lunch packed.  I ate some plain yogurt even though I am not hungry just to have something on board.  

I wanted to work my budget so I could spend my gift card on fun things but I will be using it for groceries today.  Eating is fun.  It is a little bit of a bummer but I will be OK.  Odds are I will be using another gift to pay for my medication so I find that funny as well, the gift that keeps on giving...plus I need to get those full sized snickers bars.  

The good thing about a tight grocery budget I don't have room for fattening luxuries.  I can get meat, yogurt, fruits, vegetables, cheese and that is about it.  And that will keep me on plan.  It's the Frankenfoods, those low carb snacks and such that aren't really low carb, that get me in trouble and those things are not cheap anyway.  I will be fine.  Drink mixes are another one, and soda...

I have about 8 minutes.  My bag is packed, I will just need to put on my jacket and safety vest.  I am only really worried about the first bus as it is VERY dark out there.  

That's it for now.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband is sick with flu symptoms, I hear it's going around in Michigan.
As far as men, don't push men away because it hasn't been 5 years yet?
That would be a start.

Heather Knits said...

There was a nicely rugged Australian man at work today, he had a bunch of low carb tv dinners in his cart. My co worker said she wanted him for her next baby daddy, then decided he was "too old" at about 50.

I liked the fact he obviously took care of himself.

We have really bad ragweed allergies running rampant right now so hard to say what is allergy vs. contagious.

Anonymous said...

Mu husband passed out in the bathroom last night and has been running a fever. This morning he has coffee made and is making a fire right now in the woodstove. Seems to be a 24 hr bug but a girl at work said her bf was sick about 3 days.

Heather Knits said...

Oh that would be awful!

I do worry because I have so much public exposure, anything out there is going to come by me sooner or later. And I don't eat as well as I should and sometimes I don't get enough sleep...one reason I am sleeping a lot today, charge my battery.

Anonymous said...

Get a bottle of Zicam to have on hand. It has zinc, vit C and D. Take a first symptoms of illness. If I remember correctly, zinc makes it hard for viruses to replicate.

Heather Knits said...

I do have some incredibly vile zinc lozenges. They take away my sense of taste for about 18 hours so I use them sparingly.