Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Wednesday morning

The Bible says to separate ourselves from the world and worldly practices, which I do if at all  possible.  Which means I will not be reading one advice column as it has an "alternate" viewpoint.  There, I said it (this is take 2).  

I did not sleep well, I woke up with my hip bothering me.  I took some aspirin in the middle of the night which worked surprisingly well.  I may consider just taking some every night when I go to bed (with a little food).  I notice my hip bothers me when I eat white flour carbs.  Sugar, not so much, but any kind of white flour it yells all night.  There is a lesson there.  

I had all 3 cats in the bed when I got up.  That was nice.  After I take my shower I am going to do my God Time and then do some dishes.  I need to get some fruit for my lunch but other than that it's ready.   I even did some of last night's dishes.  I think I will do dishes 5 minutes every day until I am caught up.  

I would also like to dump my enzyme cleaner down the drain as I have had a lot of ick going down that drain and I don't want a clog.  

I got my pay, did my budget.  I have to pay for a fair amount of rides due to working nights.  But I have enough cash on hand to buy 30 more candy bars which will make a total of about 70.  I asked my aunt (via voicemail) if she thought that was "enough" even though I had 100 kids last year.  

Shower was good but my eyes do burn when I get out.  What is in my water?  I am drinking this!  Here's Spotty with a cute little meow.  He is adorable.  They are all adorable.  I don't want any more, though.  That was really Ron's thing, take in every cat that came along.  I am content with the ones I have.  I know my family was worried about me after Ron died, becoming a cat lady with 30 cats, but I prefer quality time with each cat vs. a bunch running around.   

The nice thing about working the additional hours I will get paid for them and it should be pretty good as I am averaging about 33 hours a week vs my usual 20 to 24.  And I don't think I will have to take the ride money out of savings so that means I actually get to keep that extra money I made.  Well, for a minute.  

I have 2 meals for work, a nice pork chop meal with some cheese on the side as apparently pork chops don't have a lot of calories, and a pot roast meal with broth and kale.  I will be eating that all week unless I get sick of it, break, and go to McDonald's for a double cheeseburger but then you have that white flour again.  I ate some nuts when I got up and will have some cheese before I leave.  That generally holds me until work.  

Wow I just did the math on my next paycheck.  A lot more than I'm used to!  Normally they only have me work extra hours for one week, 3 days off the next week, but this they had me work 5 long days, 2 days off, 6 long days.  

I feel good about the amount of food I have on hand.  I am glad I incorporated kale into my lunches as I always lose weight when I'm eating kale, and I don't find it objectionable.  I just cook it in the microwave and then this time I put it in a good beef broth.  That's about the only vegetable I have aside from some cucumbers.  My nearest grocery store with the great prices on cheese and vegetables had very high prices on salad mix, I will have to get that at work.  I just want one of those big 1 pound tubs of mixed and then I can work my way through it.  To me they should cost about $5-6 but the other store had a five ounce for $5 which is way too much.  But the plan is to also work some salad into things.  

I would also like to incorporate some sweet potatoes if I can find an easy way to do that, maybe as a frozen entree I heat in the microwave.  I will have to look.  I don't want to "fool" with a raw sweet potato.  

Anyways I had better get going.  That's it for now.  


No comments: