Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Tuesday night

 I am not done with scary things for the day.  

As you may know I am legally blind without my glasses.  But I always felt like top dog around Ron because I could always read for him.  

I decided to take a nap.  I took off my glasses and then realized I had forgotten something in the kitchen.  I got up in my  bare feet and went up.  And something scurried across the floor.  It wasn't a rodent.  It wasn't, I think, one of Houston's oversized roaches.  I believe it was a very large spider.  

And I keep all my shoes in the bedroom and was in my bare feet so I could do nothing.  That was pretty awful.  I do not know where IT is.  Last I saw it ran under the fridge.  

I did manage to get my nap after that and had 3 cats in the bed, my favorite.  

Well I did all my dishes and checked my schedule.  I was disappointed to see I work 6 days in a row.  I can use the money but...So I have to prepare 12 meals and various snacks.  I like to eat each meal around 400 calories.  The pot roast will do that.  

But the pork chops will be a little light on calories so I did up some cheese, I buy the big blocks and whack some off for snacking.  So I did 2 ounces x 6 and still have 2 pounds and a couple ounces left.  Not counting my shred cheese which is also over 2 pounds.  

Pot roast is easy I just portion that out in a little bit.  I have clean containers.  Pork chops I have to season and cook them, then cut them into bite sized pieces.  I am finding the kitchen scale very useful.  I'm glad I bought it.  

Then I will be doing up fruit every morning to take in and eat with the cheese.  Cut up an apple, throw a couple of guavas in there, I also have some bananas.  I am not sure how long they will make it but I can always buy some at work.  

The goal is to 1.  Eat better/control what I am putting in my body and 2.  Save money.  Hopefully I will do both.    

I cooked kale and put it in my little containers.  Then I laid nice chunks of roast beef on top along with a small ladle full of meat juice/fat.  

Then I cooked up half my pork chops with the Cajun seasoning and they came out very well.  I cut them up and put them in baggies.  So lunch is done for a few days.  Then the best part, eating the little crispy bits of fat out of the pan.  I used to love that when I was a kid.  

Pork and beef are two of my favorite eating animals so I get to eat them next week.  I am glad they had some smaller sized meats in the meat case.  I find I would much rather eat something I cooked from raw vs. a processed thing that went through God Knows What to get on my plate.  

Also not everyone is careful about food safety.  I found that out the hard way a few times, so did Ron.  He used to eat at a Teriyaki place in San Francisco when he worked there.  Every time he ate there he got violently ill.  Once right before a big trip to Houston.  He was so ill I had to dope him with Phenergan suppositories to get him on the plane.  He did want to go.  The girl he worked with, who was interested in him, got very bossy when she found out about that and lectured me.  I thought she had a lot of nerve and ignored her.  I believe Ron did have a word with her, then she decided to sleep with one of his coworkers instead.  

Anyway I am careful with meats, hand washing, etc. 

Anyway I am going to bed.  

No comments: