Saturday, October 15, 2022

Saturday morning

Last night was pretty uneventful except for getting shouted at by a customer.  She called me an f b and some other nasty things.  She cursed me out directly and then talked a bunch of smack about me "to her friend" so if I had objected she would accuse me of eavesdropping.  I didn't react, after Ron she was a rank amateur.  I thought it was funny and was laughing after she went away.  If she is dumb enough to steal in front of 30 million security cameras she deserves to get arrested.  I tried to get her to stop.  

Mom got home OK and liked the leggings.  Good.  My faith is restored in the Post Office.  I wasn't sure they could work with my handwritten label but they did have a big bar code on the package so they probably just went off of that.  I am sure it went from my local station to the processing center, then to the airport, local distribution center out there and then local carrier.  I sent it priority mail so I figured it had a better chance than parcel post.  

I checked my schedule more and longer hours, working until 8 PM Saturday and Sunday around Halloween but not on the actual day, thank God.  I do need to talk to Personnel because they have me working until 11 and I can't do that, some nights.  Sometimes I hate having to stand up for myself but no one else is going to do it.  I can use the extra money.  No more 3 days off in a row at least for the short term.  But, like I said, I can use the money.  

And she will not bite (personnel).  

At any rate I work 10:30-3 today so we will see how that goes.  It is generally a little slow at first.  

Last night they had a sheet cake in the break room, someone got promoted.  I had 2 pieces (not at the same time) the frosting was delicious..but I can't do that again.  So I have decided next time I will have one small piece and then tell myself "OK someone just peed all over the cake" and that will kill any desire for remaining cake.  We will see how that works.  

I did notice my hip was bothering me last night, it's the ligaments and such and not the actual bone.  I stand with my weight on that hip when I am working and then I cross it and put it at an angle when I am on the computer (almost did it again just now).  So it gets strained.  Normally it doesn't bother me but it was last night, I think it was the sugar and white flour in the cake made it act up.  

I am paying for a ride to work.  With the hours I am working at night coming up my cab driver buddy is going to make some money!  I will make it work, the budget to pay him.  Some days I would have paid him anyway.  Instead of getting picked up at 9 AM I can take the bus to work on Saturday, and then have him pick me up at 8 PM and that's the same $20 I would have spent anyway.  And a new bus driver reached with a booklet.  God knows what He is doing.  So I am going to make up a card with the hours I need to be picked up and give it to him today.  

I texted a brief message to Jack letting him know he is in my thoughts and I am praying daily, he texted me back (some time later) "thank you".  I am sure he is very busy with family but I am thinking/praying for him.  I hope he doesn't do the retreating thing like I did.  Hiding away.  Although I couldn't hide much I had to work and then I had to go get another job.  

But the cab driver has been very helpful in the past so we will see.  Worst case I could probably take the bus home at 8 PM but I would not want to.  I guess I could do a Uber?  Although they have not always been good about coming to the store.  

I need to go get ready.  Back for a minute, made up a cheat card for my cab driver that is a lot of rides!  But he can use the money.  And one night I may get some cat litter or something on my way out, something I couldn't take on the bus but can in the cab.  

I am having problems getting my antipsychotic refilled which I don't get.  I had half an old bottle I will get into in the meantime but really?!  

I really need to get going... All ready to go, did up the card with the rides on it.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: