Tuesday, October 25, 2022

183.6!

Carb manager is really helping me manage my calories.  Atkins never talked about this back in 2002, said, in fact, DON'T worry about calories.  But if I keep them around 1,500 the pounds melt away.  I am also active at work and that helps.  I really like the app and feel it gets a fair amount of credit for my weight loss.  7.6 pounds in the last month!  

Goal is to lose another 13.  I plan to maintain for a month when I get down to 170 and see if I want to lose another 10.  I am not interested in looking "hot" I just want to be healthy.  My aunt will come down eventually and we will buy some new clothes, that will be fun.  For now what I have fits.  

I started my very nice pot roast, an eye of round with a nice layer of fat (fat is my friend) on it, this morning.  I couldn't find my black pepper but I had a grinder I had bought some time ago.  I ground up some black pepper on top and added what I hope is "enough" salt.  I have a bad habit of not adding enough salt to my crock pot.  I used a bag of course love those things.  And I couldn't decide between a half cup of water or a whole so I split it and went with 3/4.  That should be ready around dinner.  I did not put any vegetables I just want plain meat.  

Hopefully I will also cook up my pork chops today and cut them up, put them in baggies so I can take them to work.  I don't want to be fighting with cutting up a pork chop on my lunch.  Ideally that all gets done.  I would also like to make some hard boiled eggs so I can have them in the morning.  

I am eating unprocessed, fresh foods and I think that is important to: 1.  Health and 2.  Weight.  I am not eating hamburgers and TV dinners like a lot of the employees.  

I did not sleep well last night, the cold front came through, no rain as far as I could tell but a lot of high wind.  We lost power for a minute and the poor fridge, which is 20 years old (it is a GE if I have any say my next fridge will be a GE), had a heck of a time starting up again when the power came back on.  But it did, praise God.  I don't want to buy a new fridge right now.  

I am drinking some iced tea I made with my electric kettle.  I have some favorite appliances, more, I admit, than I should have with my space issues: electric tea kettle, crock pot, rice pot (haven't used that lately!), blender, pancake maker, egg cooker, scale.  And the microwave of course which is also a GE.  It fell in the garage off a high shelf, still works.  Ron also set it on fire he did not know the "paper" wrapper he felt (we called them 'flamethrowers" after that) had foil in it and set it on fire heating it up.  There are char marks inside the microwave but it still works years later.  It is very reliable.  The cooking area is a little small I would go bigger next time when it dies.  But it heats up my food very well.  Ron threw the flaming burrito in the sink, ran water to put it out, then ate the "good" part when it cooled down because "It's still good".  

Happily Ron was immobile by the time his mind really went but he did turn the knobs on the stove a few times by accident and almost burned the house down.  I am glad he couldn't get out of bed when his mind was going because I could have had some big problems.  There was an episode of Bones which covered that, Seeley thought he could take in his elderly grandfather and it didn't work out.  

So my mood is pretty good, I took my pills first thing when I got up.  I am very impressed with the women's multivitamin we sell at work, the generic one.  When I got them they were about $8 for 200 tablets and I still have a lot of them.  They have really good levels of vitamins, including biotin.  So I feel good about taking that.  According to Carb Manager I get about half my RDA from food alone so the rest is caught by the vitamin.  

Again, I want to be healthy.  I was glad I checked my schedule tomorrow I work TWO to eight not one to eight.  I would have hated sitting around for an hour when I could have slept in a little.  That will make it a little easier to go back to work after my day off.  The problem I have is a 6 hour shift demands a lunch so I will only get paid for 5 hours.  That's a little discouraging but it's still $60 take home.  I have already arranged a ride home.  

And it will be new drivers on the way in I am always up for that.  I did get some Bit O Honey's to hand out in addition to my pinata mix.  I think that should hold me a week or so until my next days off, then I can buy some caramels at the grocery store and pair that with pinata mix.  By then I will probably need more booklets as well but World Missionary Press is always happy to send them.  They have used my activities on Facebook a couple of times which is great.  I hope to incite others to do this.  

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You remind me of a quote I have always loved from Charles Swindoll "Whatever we do, we must not treat the Great Commission like its the Great Suggestion". You are a good example of listening to God, reaching out to whoever He puts in your path. Ignore the scoffers that say you are wasting your time, or passing out the candy and tracts seems like a small thing. God can take any small thing we do and use it in mighty ways - His Word never returns to Him void. You are doing what He has called you to do. You have no idea how many seeds He is using you to plant and water!

Heather Knits said...

I am glad I don't know if I am making any impact. I have enough pride issues as it is. LOL If I knew one person had gotten saved out of what I do I would be totally arrogant and useless. This way I (hopefully) get a fun surprise on judgement day.