Monday, October 10, 2022

A little about 2 old friends.

 So I was told I talk about being poor all the time.  It was a message board, not here.  Could be true.  

So here is something from better days.  As you know I had all my "nice" jewelry in a box that went missing after the pipe break in 2019.  I have not seen it since, it had my engagement ring and a couple of gold rings with semiprecious gemstones.  I am still missing that.  

But times were pretty good back in 2002 I was making about $400 a week and Ron was paying the bills.  So I was pretty flush.  I was not diagnosed, either.  One day I got on Ebay and they had "findings" I think it is called, it was the metal part of a ring and then you put your own stones in there.  And I found www.thaigem.com (don't know if they are still around) which had really nice, cut, gemstones for very reasonable prices.  They also sold rings as well.  That's all I cared about, rings.  I am sure they had other stuff.  

ANYWAY I ordered some sapphires, some pink ones, and purple garnets.  I bought a gold ring base and had a jeweler set my engagement diamond in between the sapphires and garnets because I love birthstones.  It was very pretty and I miss it.  

I also bought some smaller anniversary band style bases in silver and got some regular garnets, green garnets, color change sapphires, and regular sapphires.  All this was surprisingly affordable.  Then I had it set so I had blue sapphires with green garnets in one band, and color change sapphires and regular garnets in the other band.  They were a size 7.  For some reason I kept them apart from my other jewelry.  I have had these 2 rings the whole time.  I couldn't sell them because they're only silver and it wouldn't be worth it.  But they are very pretty.  

Well my 7.5 titanium ring started getting loose and was loose enough I decided to try on the rings, which fit great.  I am very happy about them.  I haven't worn them in about 20 years.  I had to polish them up a bit but they are good now.  Plus if you know anything about me I wash my hands a lot.  

Let me see if I can do a photo.  I took this myself.  You will note how old my hands look because I am not using lotion.  


I guess you could say it is a baby step away from a wedding band as well.  About the lotion i just don't like the feel of it.  I need to put some on at night when I go to bed.  Also Cleo licks it off at times.  

Speaking of I have not seen her today, I hope she is OK.  

Plan today is going to the Krogers.  I know they have a lot of fruit and vegetables which I am interested in.  I just plan to look around and see if they have anything that will work for me.  I need to eat more produce.  I am doing OK for meat, I eat pork, chicken, tuna, turkey all the cheap meats.  I am not sure about Kroger meat but will look at the dairy and produce.  It looks like I will be going around lunch time which will suck but I think it was more important to sleep in and relax around the house for a while first.  

If I don't find anything at my Krogers I will look at the other grocery store on my bus route.  That store is always crazy.  I am not "out of food" I just want some new options.  

I did not find Cleo in either the house or the yard.  I have a bad feeling.  I did see Spotty and Biscuit.  It would not have been someone taking Cleo as she is very skittish even with me.  But it is possible she went in someone's garage and got locked up. 

I am hoping it is something like that, it has been a bad year for me with cats.  

No comments: