Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Wednesday afternoon

I got a small nap but my clothing arrangement meant I kept getting annoying wedgies.  I will not do that again.  

I had sent Mom an email to forward to my Dad and she really liked it.  She also said she was going to make Dad one of the family pies (recipe is over 100 years old).  He will love that.  When it's a good time I'll ask for the recipe and put it up.  It's basically a vanilla cream pie.  

I decided the Sweet and Low was not my friend in my iced tea.  It was causing hunger spikes.  I put a small dab of real wild honey I bought in Louisiana in January.  I can't really taste it but I am used to very sweet things.  

I still need to: do dishes.  Cook up link sausage.  Cook up ground sausage.  Put it all in the fridge.  Do up dishes again.  It feels like a lot.  I know it's not it just feels like it.  Biscuit is very cute lying on the floor with a leg sticking up.  He's a very good boy.  

Then I need to call my parents they like the same time every day unless I am working late.  

Well I did the dishes now I just need to do the cooking.  I also need to figure out what I'm doing with the link sausage, it is "OK" but not fantastic but the days are past when I can get rid of a food just because it's not a "10".  

I may check the mail as well, it's a little early but we'll see.  It's here.  $30 gas bill.  So I have enough.  I can pay that tomorrow.  

Ugh depressed today.... I need to sit out in the sun for a while.  Did that.  

Talked to Dad, Mom is dealing with her mom issues (first day in assisted living).  He proudly told me she had made him the pie.  I didn't tell him I reminded her.  

My aunt texted me a little while I was on the phone with my Dad so I couldn't really text back.  I felt bad about that but maybe she will call later.  

Spotty got up on me and was adorable.  He can be very sweet and cuddly, a little needy.  Biscuit is fine on his own but Cleo and Spotty need more Heather time.  

I don't feel up for cooking I will do it tomorrow.  That's it for now.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever use a crock pot? I'm using mine today to make pulled pork.

Heather Knits said...

I love them with a liner! Throw it away!

Anonymous said...

Yes but something creeps me out about cooking food in plastic.

Heather Knits said...

That raises an interesting point. Many of my immigrant co workers refuse to use any sort of plastic for their food. They bring it in glass containers with silicone/rubber lids. They just gack at me heating up my tupperware (type containers). Of course these are the people who bring a meal 95% rice of some sort which would have me starving in 10 minutes.