Friday, October 7, 2022

Friday morning

 The app logged me out.  I tried getting back in this morning but no luck; I only get a couple of attempts a day so I will wait and see if the guy at work can help.  I don't want to use up all of my log in attempts.  It is frustrating.  It used to work fine then something "updated" and made it impossible for me to see the log in code in the text message I get when I try to log in.  If I exit to look at the code the program logs me out.  

Enough about that.  I slept OK but am noticing my hip is bothering me a little.  Mainly in bed.  I don't know if that goes to my bed or what.  I am eating low carb and losing weight.  188.2.  Not bad.  So I don't think it is lifestyle that is affecting the hip.  I do "sit funny" when I'm on the computer with that leg up at an angle so that could be causing the problem.  I can walk OK and get around fine.  I just hope I wasn't too late with the weight loss.  

My cab driver buddy got me last night and will get me again tonight and then Saturday morning.  He is getting all the money this week.  I am happy to give it to him because he is very reliable.  

Oh and last night, I bought myself a can of diet soda on my way out the door, turned around, there's a black kitten.  The greeter came up yelling at it to shoo and I almost picked it up.  The cat left and I followed it.  It went outside, still had blue eyes so a baby.  But it could walk OK so probably about 6 weeks.  Medium hair, solid black.  A little kid was talking to an old lady and she said "I'll feed it, it's just hungry, give it to me" so I felt fine about leaving it.  

A man I encountered recently at work said he had a stray cat give birth on his porch to 3 kittens and he didn't want them.  I told him about Texas Litter Control and said they could help.  He took the information.  But I guess the store is an easy place to dump a cute little kitten.  

I didn't take the kitten for a couple of reasons: 1.  Would have upset my guys.  2.  Could have been sick (didn't look it though) and 3.  Can't afford it.  No way I could afford a spay and neuter right now I can barely afford the cat food.   But I did get a bag of it last night which is probably why "Lucky" came for me when I exited the store.  

Kind of depressed today (not about the cat 3 is plenty).  I know I will be OK it's just hard sometimes doing it all on my own, relying on bus drivers and apps and things to run my life.  I have a little time before I need to go, I will look around a little. 

I think I need to take a break from the caregiver group it is very depressing.  

And it's time to go to work.  May post later tonight.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taking a break from that group is a good idea. You're not a caregiver anymore and the saying misery loves company is really true. Those members have to be miserable and you need to think of YOU.

Heather Knits said...

Yeah I think I will snooze them for a while.