Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sunday morning

Bus problems so I got to work later than I would have liked, but still early.  A coworker begged me to find the boss and see if I could clock in early.  I ate my donuts and found the boss, asked, she said "Is it really that bad?"  And I said "I have never seen her so stressed."  "When do you start?"  "An hour" so she told me to clock in.  Co worker almost cried when I showed up.  So I look good to both boss, and co worker.  I didn't do it for that but it is a good benefit. 

It was very busy but it meant it went fast.  I had hoped to buy a 6 pack of Diet Dew on my last break but the lines were incredible.  So I waited until after work and then bought it, still had time to run out and catch my ride.  Got home, called Mom and Dad, went to bed.  I slept OK.  

Hard getting up today but God helped me do it.  It is also hard to get up when I have adorable, cuddly, cats in my bed.  I just want to roll over and curl up around one.  I told them "Tuesday" as it is a day off and also going to rain so a good day to stay home.  And we can use the rain.  

I bought the last 30 candy bars so I have 100.  I will be bagging tonight.  

I did up all my lunch which has been working: cut up pork chop for actual lunch.  2 mandarin oranges and a cut up apple with a wedge of lime for lunch/snack.  Pot roast with kale for before work.  Crackers for break.  Cheese wedge for anytime.  Medication.  

So that is ready.  My key to a long day at work is a good lunch.  That way I am not tempted to 1.  Spend money or 2.  Buy bad things.  I have also decided to go to maintainer level for a while so I don't end up gaining.  I think I will do this through New Year.  No, I won't lose, likely, but I won't gain either.  And it is really important for me not to gain.  I have worked hard to get here.  

You will notice I don't have any garbage carbs in my lunch like potato chips.  I want stuff without a list of ingredients.  I have that.  I need to add more vegetables but I have limited room in my bag.  

Although the pot roast was pretty bland, and the pork chops were a real pain to cook and clean up.  So I don't think I will do that next week likely the ground meat and cheese I have been doing.  If I can find something likely tomorrow.  We will see, I'll figure something out.  

I only work 4 days and then have 3 days off so something to look forward to.  

It is cold again this morning, my heater was running and I had to put the space heater in the bathroom, so I will look and see if I can find a long sleeved shirt to wear under my hoodie, that should help.  

Going to take my shower.  All done and time to go.  

Spotty was precious this morning, I'm going to miss him.  He knows I'm going to be gone for a while.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get disgusted with long lines and check out at the customer service desk. I did it yesterday at Target. I don't do it all the time but I think it's ridiculous to wait in a long line. They can put on more cashiers or give employees more hours. What happened to customer service these days.

Heather Knits said...

Ron and I found it was great to shop around 7-8 AM every morning, even on a weekend, but a lot of people understandably want to sleep in. Even me on my day off I generally get out to the store around noon.

I believe my store plans to rip out most of the checkout lanes and put more self checks.

Customer service at my store always has a long line, unless, again, you go in pretty early.

Honestly I have been overrung too many times - I prefer to ring myself up now.