Thursday, October 27, 2022

Thursday morning

Work was interesting last night.  They had too many people in my department so I was loaned out to another one.  It was something that had bothered me about the store, "Why don't they do ___ better?".  So I got to do it better, I hope.  I was pretty busy, the time went fast, and I got my breaks and lunch when I wanted.  

I did have a bit of a shock.  For some reason I thought I worked until 8 even though my log and the app both said 10.  So when I got to work and saw "10" on the app I freaked out a little bit.  I called my buddy, he laughed a little and said I had written down 10 on the schedule I gave him.  So I felt a little silly, but I got to it and I did it ALL.  I even had about 45 minutes to walk around the store picking things up off the floor and putting them in the right space if they weren't.  

Dad asked which I preferred and I said what I did last night.  It was much lower pressure.  But I don't think I will be doing that again much.  So I made a good $84 that will help a lot with the bills.  

Speaking of I am debating how cheap I want to be.  Let me clarify: last year I could afford to keep the thermostat at about 75 degrees all winter.  The bills were not awful.  But they say natural gas is going up and I don't always know what I'm making so I turned it down to 68.  I am not used to 68 and I almost bent my rule today and turned it up.  But I am stubborn as well as cheap so we will see.  I am not crying poor in this just wondering when I will get used to it.  My Dad told me he had the thermostat around 68 in the winter when I was growing up and I always felt fine.  

I also bought 30 more candy bars so I have a total of 70 full sized Snickers in the fridge.  The fridge is full.  I am debating do I buy another 30 or do I just buy a 5 pound, $10 bag of pinata mix and do the last 30 bags out of that?  I could go either way.  I wish God would give me a clear sign one way or another.  And I would love to know what Walmart corporate thinks of me buying 70 full sized candy bars on my discount card.  

I had talked to Mom about my trouble finding a pumice stone for my toilet and she was very curious as she had never heard of them, so when I got mine I took before, during, and after photos of the cleaning.  She was very impressed so I sent her an order.  She was very happy to hear about that as she still does her own cleaning.  

She talked about paying me back.  She is a really good photographer so I will just say send me a photo of one of my cats, and one of you and Dad, I can put on my fridge.  That way she feels like she "paid" for it and I get something I want.  I don't need $6 I am not that poor.  

I decided to get one of my fleece throws and use a clip to hold it around me like a cape.  It is very cozy I am going to do this for the winter.  It is a cute throw, it is a wedgewood  blue plaid we sold last year for $3.  It is about 50x60 inches so plenty of coverage.  

Lunch worked well yesterday, I had 2 mandarin orange, 2 guavas, kale with pot roast (before work), pork chop (on lunch), and cut up cheese (various times).  That lasted me 8 hours.  Today I only work 7 so I will likely do a banana at home, if it's still good; a cut up apple, 2 mandarin oranges (they are really small), pot roast with kale, and a pork chop.  

On my day off I had made 2 small pancakes with regular mix, had cravings all day, and was up 3 pounds the next day, but I was down 2 pounds today.  OH AND I FOUND CARBQUICK at work!  We sell it!  $10.  I am really excited now I can have pancakes without all the drama.  I am definitely buying some once I scope their pancake recipe.  

So I am pleased with my menu this week I am getting some kale, and some fruit, in addition to the meat and fats.  I want to have a varied diet.  And eat seasonal fruit.  

Last year I had a persimmon and did not like it, but I did try it.  It was ripe I just didn't like the flavor.  But I tried it.  I want to keep trying fruit.  

If I ever connect to a guy who likes to drive me around I would like to hit a farmer's market now and then on my day off.  Or even he could go and buy me stuff.  If his love language is gifts.  

I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked my hip is bothering me.  It's like it is strained.  The actual socket feels fine it is the muscle and ligaments.  I may get some turmeric or ginger root at work and see if that helps.  I think it is from carrying my bag around, it is not light.  But I have to carry a lot of stuff, my lunch alone is not light, water bottle, work vest, etc.  

I have to take my shower.  All done.  I ran a little late getting ready so I am taking my cheese and nuts with me to eat at the bus stop.  I also need to leave a note for personnel they have scheduled me until 11 some nights and I cannot do  that.  

That's it for now.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you sleep on your side, have you tried putting a pillow between your knees? I had bursitis and that really helped me. You can buy special pillows for this but I just use one I had around the house.