Thursday, October 6, 2022

I guess I have a little time to blog

Got to work today, no rascals either.  Work app logged me out.  Other than that it was a good night.  

I don't know what it is with all these - I think it has been 3 or 4 now - new girls trying to tell me how to do my job and attempting to boss me around.  I know what I need to do and I do it well enough Walmart keeps paying me to do it.  The managers seem happy as well.  I keep needing to set boundaries and it is obvious enough my friends are noticing.  The girls bossing me around are at the "associate" (lowest) level like me.  Next up the ladder is Team Lead.  Above that is "Coach" (manager) they are the ones who are salaried and I'm sure have no personal life either.  It is perplexing.  They don't do it with other associates.  If I hear "Heather YOU NEED TO___" one more time... [sigh] and it is always some petty bullshit.   And I'm old enough to be their mothers, all of them save one.   

My Bible readings today talked about being a hard worker which I was.  No regrets on that count.  So I did my worker bee thing (that is the only job title I will claim online).  

Ooh it is getting late.  I think I will wrap it up and go to bed while I can.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you overshared info that they're using against you? People don't need to know what you're going through. They'll assume you can't think for yourself and micromanage you IMO.

Heather Knits said...

No, I admit I was a wreck when I first started there but she was only hired a month or two ago, it has been all business between us. She just graduated high school and thinks she knows everything.

I might actually listen to her suggestions if she displayed a good work ethic but she shirks and whines, takes "bonus breaks" when bosses aren't looking, etc. Another older coworker said it seems like the kids think they're getting paid to show up, not to work.