Monday, October 10, 2022

After the shopping

Before today I had never seen produce on sale.  I got to the store and found they were having a big sale on apples 3 for $1.  I got about a dozen in 3 different types.  I like to make an apple salad with granny and other apples.  Very tasty.  Now I can.  I found guavas.  I found a huge tub of salad mix at the sell by date marked down to $1.50.  I figure I can eat at least a couple salads out of that.  I also got a big bag of kale as well.  I got a big block of cheddar cheese for $7, and some sausage.  Lastly I bought myself a soda and it all came to $22.03.  I thought that was a pretty good deal and will be back.  It was not crammed full of frantic shoppers, either, like the store near my home.  They are often depleted on produce.  This store was well stocked.  I met the meat guy he seemed nice enough, very clean, diligent but wasn't impressed with anything but the sausage.  

Went out to the bus stop and rode up to Burger King.  I had cold packs in my insulated bag.  I used one of my gift cards to get two double cheeseburgers with bacon.  One for today, one for tomorrow.  I ate pretty quickly and moved on to the dollar store.  They didn't have "my" soap but they had some nice soap so I went ahead and got a couple bars, then I got some tea and some stevia packets.  All came to less than $5.  I caught the bus to the transit center, caught my home bus, came home.  

Cats are good, food is put up.  Fridge is getting it cold I can hear the compressor.  I plan to take a nap now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. How do you make your apple salad? Is it like a Waldorf salad with walnuts?

Thanks

Heather Knits said...

OH it's not that fancy. I cut up a red apple (variety doesn't matter) and a Granny Smith in cubes or wedges, depends on how I feel, mix together and spritz with lemon. Walnuts would be good with it but if I was taking it to work (likely) I would probably put them in a baggie on the side and eat with the apples.