Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Wednesday morning

I slept OK but woke up with a migraine at 1 AM.  I took some Excedrin and went back to bed, when I woke up again at 7:30 it was gone.  Nasty little headache.  

I decided to stay home.  I have two big questionmarks right now.  One I need to know how much my pills will cost and when they come in.  If it is a 3 month on everything that will be $75 which will have to come out of birthday money.  Worth it though; it's not optional and I don't want to put it on the credit card.  Then how do I get the candy bars for the kids on Halloween?  That will likely also come out of birthday money again a very worthwhile thing as they are getting (as always) a Scripture booklet along with the candy bar.  So that will probably wipe out most of the birthday money but I am OK with that because I really need these two things.  I will still be able to keep the "thrift store mad money" my Dad gave me when I got below 200 pounds.  

I decided to stay home today as I am moderately depressed and I need to do cleaning and cooking today.  I just started my last load of clothes.  I also need to get some more Tide PODS for the wash as well.  I will use my gift card for that one.  "Happy Birthday!  Clean clothes for a couple of months!"  Sounds good to me.  

So I'm not "getting" to use my birthday money for anything actually "fun" but that is OK.  The money is taking a weight off and that's all that matters.  I don't think my family really get what I'm making except for my aunt who sees the bank account statements every day.  

I am going to have to throw away the kale.  It smells off, like half rotten.  I think it was left out at room temperature for some time at the grocery store (not mine) after they got it.  I just gag every time I open it.  It is not at the use by date.  

Makes me think I need to restart my vegetable garden.  I liked having that and then I could just go out and pick every night.  I will figure it out.  

My aunt is busy today so we can't talk.  My understanding her sons are fixing up a  "needs TLC" house for them.  She picked out flooring and counters yesterday.  It is funny it is not at all what I picked but they are different people.  I like dark wood grains.  Not that I could afford wood I got the vinyl plank that LOOKED like wood.  There is no way I could have done all the repairs if my drywall/paint/flooring guy hadn't given me such a good deal.  But he had sympathy for us seeing Ron and all.  I have a suspicion the house also smelled pissy which is another indicator someone has serious issues.  I have read in my caregiver group a lot of people get very tired of a bad smelling house.  

One of the first things my aunt did when I cleaned out Ron's room was get her husband and an exacto knife and rip out all my carpet, put it at the street, in Ron's room.  And the house smelled a lot better.  

I am just glad I found Ron when he was still fresh that would have been horrible otherwise.  It was bad enough to find him the way I did but worse if he had been ripe, or in rigor.  I think he was in rigor when they did the autopsy which must have made things fun.  

I am going to take my shower, I really need to do that.   

I also found out I had forgotten to take my antidepressant; no wonder I was so gloomy.  I am better now.  That's it for now.   

No comments: