Monday, October 31, 2022

Monday morning

Work was fine, they had me work a couple different departments but the store got their money out of me.  It helped the boss was VERY clear on my duties in front of the girl who likes me to "help" her out.  So I could tell her, no, the boss said...

I had a good break and lunch.  Only 1 break because I worked 7 hours and got a one hour lunch.  8 hour and over I get 2 breaks which is fine.  Overall they are very good about giving breaks.  

I decided to switch Carb Manager to maintenance for the holidays.  That gives me 400 more calories a day and more grams on all my macros.  My goal is to be at or below 185 through New Year.  I did it yesterday and was 184 this morning.  I may lose anyway, we will see, I am fairly active at work, walking to the bus stop and all.  That way I have more wiggle room for my days.  

I did have one problem last night.  As you know, I have 100 full sized Snickers bar, 100 Scripture booklets, and 100 baggies.  They all need to go together in a big tote bag.  I got out my large tote bag and set it by my chair, Biscuit got in it, and hasn't left.  I may need to get another tote bag.  I will have to do up the candy when I get home from work but I arranged a ride so I should be OK.  I don't like to do it that way but it was late last night and Spotty had also gotten in my lap which also prevented me working.  Both boys were so cute I couldn't say no to them.  

I slept OK, hip bugging me some, I need to get some ginger root.  I had a horrible nightmare a coworker got murdered.  She is a very sweet girl so I hope not.  She quit so she could pursue a nursing career and she will do great, she is a very hard worker, very sweet, and smart.  Too good for the store in my opinion.  I liked her a lot and (with permission) gave her a huge hug on her last day.  

I have the last of the pot roast today.  I have found I can just have some crackers with cheese on my break at work and that holds me another 2-3 hours.  So I am just taking the pot roast and some crackers because I work 4.5 hours.  I arranged a ride home so I don't have transportation worries.  The bus would get me home 5-5:30 which is a little late to get home and do up my candy.  

I just need to get my shower.  I am not happy with my hair if I don't wash it every day, it doesn't look optimal.  I just have very oily hair at least for now.  That may change.  

2 months since I had a cycle I wonder how much longer I will go if/when I have another one.  I just wear a pad every day in case it decides to show up.  This reminds me of when I was starting out things were very erratic for a few years.  

I need to do laundry too.  I have 6 days' of clothes piled up on the floor of the laundry room.  3 pair of jeans too.  We have had cleaner people on the bus and at the transit center so I may not use the laundry sanitizer.  

I am not taking my pills to work, I can take them when I get home.  But I did take my antidepressant of course.  

I'll be back.  

Oh I just remembered yesterday I bought a frozen chub of turkey meat, but it was still cold in my lunch bag.  I hate wasting food so that would have been awful.  But it was really cold so I feel OK eating it.  That's a good lunch bag, and cold pack.  That was almost 24 hours.  

 I had a good shower.  I feel like my space heater could blow hotter but it is probably a safety feature, better than nothing.  I'm not buying a new one.  It does mostly work.  

I did my God time and ate some nuts.  I need to get dressed and do up some candy for my drivers.  I had a very rude homeless woman demanding candy on the bus yesterday.  It was unpleasant.  I did end up giving her a bag as I had extra and I figured she could use the booklet.  Hopefully I will not ride with her again.  She is new to our area.  

The way I see it, if I want to give you something I will give it to you.  Now if someone is having a diabetic episode I would be happy to give them some candy but that's about it.  I spend too much on this to just hand it out to someone who probably makes more money than I do.  I have seen "homeless" people counting a big wad of cash at the bus stop after they are done panhandling.  They generally don't bother me if they see me in uniform but I'm not wearing it to go to work right now.  

Please don't give homeless people money.  I can promise you it goes to cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs.  If you have to give them something give them some crackers or a bottle of water.  

Let me get dressed.  

I forgot to charge my cell phone last night I hope I can get it up to a decent level before I have to leave.  Biscuit is licking my cheese he apparently likes Colby.  

I have 3 bus rides, so I did 3 bags of candy with the Snickers bar and one bag with just regular candy if someone gets aggressive demanding a bag.  People on the bus are a lot scarier than people at work.  

I keep wanting to check my cell phone charge but will wait until it is almost time to go.  It was 46% this morning, I left it on the couch and did not charge it.  I was tired.  The last couple nights I have not gotten 8 hours.  I may only work 7-8 hours a day on the schedule but I have to ride the bus 2 hours and I like to arrive early because things happen on the bus.  So it's longer.  But next Wednesday should be my biggest check yet.  

In the past they have only had me work one week at a time with more hours.  This is going on week 3 I think.  I will take it, I have expenses.  Utility bills are coming due.  I have property tax to pay.  I need to get a blood test.  

No comments: