Monday, December 24, 2012

2012 Year in Review!

My neighbors are having their annual party so I figure I might as well do this.  Please, God, don't let us get any more excitement this year. 

January:  Ron's computer died.  We had ongoing drama with trying to fix it.  Then Excel died.  I ended up giving him my old computer and switching over to the Macbook my Dad had given me.  I had problems with an overly friendly guy at work; but set some boundaries and made it clear I would complain if it continued.  He got the message.  My lithium levels were an abysmal .1, meaning I had to increase my dose - increasing my nausea and other side effects.  The Mac did not allow any Video Blogs using the webcam. 

February:  Encounters with people who think I'm filthy rich.  I wonder if one of them blabbed to the guys who robbed us, but I'm getting ahead of myself.  I did a Bible Handout on Valentine's day, and broke my pinky toe on the left foot, 2 days later.  Serious pain.  Video blogs were back, using the ancient digital camera with the SDRAM card. I got myself a nice set of $30 speakers.  Listening to them now.  Depression.  Ron started writing tracts and handing them out. 

March:  Mom and Dad came to visit.  We went to Galveston, I got a bladder infection and had to see my primary doc.  Not cheap, but worth it.  Plumbing issues had me in tears.  Ron fixed it.  Then the Bible publisher, or my bank, messed up and double charged me for an order of Spanish Bibles.  I had a really hard time getting that resolved.  The walls of my bathroom shower enclosure continued to degrade.  Praise God an internet friend found someone willing to fix it for free - the process took months, but I didn't mind.  It was a little wierd only taking tub baths for a while.  From this point onward, we had the guys over several nights a week, doing demo and fixing things.  Ron wrote more tracts. 

April: Yet another Bible Handout.  I had a 2 day migraine after eating some peanut butter.  Ron got to play nurse advocate - a lot of yelling at the pharmacy as I retched into my bucket.  Got my lithium level checked.  It was only up to .3. 

May:  Depressed.  I found out some poetry I wrote back in 2000 was now available as an e-book. 

June:  Started writing out my life story.  Depressed as a result.  Bad trips on Metrolift.  Good news: found a church.  I just wish I could get there more often.  Love my church. 

June:  Two Bible handouts.  Looks like I did about a thousand Bibles distributed this year, total.  Got a nasty depression.  Some fighting with Ron.  I took a pay cut of $200 a month.  Good thing I have sponsors buying Bibles. 

July:  We did Chick-fil-a day.   

August:  Two Bible Handouts in one week.

September:  Ron finds a kitten in the bushes.  We adopt her, Baby Girl.  I did a Bible Handout in Acres Homes, a notorious ghetto.  It's very successful.  I do another handout and forget the sign, but still distribute everything.  I attend a family wedding in Florida, lots of fun.  I distribute Bibles all over northern Florida, including a good Samaritan who comes by to "jump" us at 2 AM on my birthday, in the middle of nowhere. 

October:  Bubba brings me a live rat, and eats most of it a few days later.  We attend a mandatory conference in Austin, which wasn't as bad as I feared.  I even got a few dances out of Ron at the party.  Ron's drinking escalates, again.  Halloween handout - 140 served. 

November:  Another Bible Handout in Acres Homes.  The election.  I take Ron out for fried chicken after voting.  Got my lithium level into a therapeutic range by taking 4 lithiums a day. 

December:  I reveal my whole name, Heather Boutte.  Our home is robbed, they kick in the front door, destroying the door and frame.  They steal my 5 year old hand me down laptop but don't bother with anything else.  They ransack my bedroom, throw a lamp and the queen mattress against the wall, failing to find the "treasures" I don't own.  I believe in storing my treasure in heaven, and I was never happier about that when I walked through the house after the robbery.  The police are very nice.  Several people offer me their old computers.  I accept one of them.  Friends replace the front door and frame; everything is restored, better than before.  I do another handout after the Sandy Hook shooting.  The world did not end.  Yet. 
Ha ha. 


1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hi Heather, it seems that you had an "interesting", in the Chinese sense of the word, 2012, but also a fruitful and a faithful one.

Maybe 2013 will be the year we meet our Blessed Saviour in the air-wouldn't THAT be the best finale to any year! But till then, I hope to emulate you and seek whatever might be God's will and work for me while I'm still here. I really don't want to stand before my Lord and Saviour, the One who gave me eternal life, and have nothing left that didn't get burned up in the fire. Even if it's only as the widow's mite, I want it to be, as was her offering, my ALL. Pray for me that I'll recognise the Holy Spirit's guidance in whatever He would have me to do, and His courage and wisdom to do it.

Have a wonderful New Year my sister in Christ, wouldn't it be great to meet during the Wedding Feast to the Beloved Bridegroom!