Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Wednesday night

 I had 2 of my regular drivers today so that was  fun.  I went to the one grocery store near my home.  

And found, to my surprise, they had some good looking organic greens.  Also blackberries, which I love, a box for $1.50 so I got 2.  I also got some ham.  Ground beef.    Cooked, peeled, baby shrimp was a steal, I felt, at $5 for 12 ounces.  So I got some of that as well.  

I came home, had the same driver I had the last time I went to that store.  I thought that was funny.  

At another point I broke the rules and didn't know it.  I ride my bus up to the transit center, circle back, and get off so I don't have to cross the street.  I do things like that with this street.  I cross a busier street on the regular after work but this street I am careful.  

So we got to the end of the line and I told the driver my plan, and asked if I could wait on the bus for her to finish her break and then go back.  She said sure and got out her phone.  Another driver came by, saw me, banged on the door, and said "She can't wait on the bus".  

My driver says "You know her, she's fine".  He looked at me in my Santa Cat pullover hoodie.  "I don't know her".  I gave him a bag of candy with a booklet.  "Oh, it's you!"  "Everyone knows her" my driver said.  I thought it was funny.  

I had to tell Metrolift (paratransit service) that Ron had died because they knew him so well, and when I did the supervisor cried on the phone.  I guess my aunt will have to do that with the bus company.  

I got to the grocery store and had a good time, came home, put everything away.  That took a minute.  Then I put the washer on a cleaning cycle and took a nap.  I had Biscuit with me.  It was sunny and in the 60's but some pretty good wind so I was cold, but the cats went out a lot today.  I have hardly seen Spotty at all but Cleo is in her spot which is apparently my chair.  

I got all the dishes done, happy about that.  I need to cook up 2 pounds of ham (8 ounces a day) and then a pound of ground beef so I can make my lunches and dinners.  I already took my pills when I got home.  I got some nice chips while I was at the store, four 1.75 ounce bags that are 27 carb grams each.  I can do that.  So I will have the taco casserole for my lunch, then  the ham for my dinner, with a salad I guess.  I can eat the chips on my break.  I just need to cook it all which will take probably 45 minutes total, but then I'm done until Monday.  Monday I will need to fix a meal for Tuesday, then I have Wed. off and get paid so I can shop and cook for the next week, then.  I am really happy I found the organic salad stuff at the store as that makes my shopping a lot easier.  I can just shop the one store.  

There are certain foods I just avoid.  That's why I didn't get any brown sugar for my sweet potato.  

I am going to go double check the weather before I call my parents.  

No comments: