Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Tuesday night

 Well I always prefer the bad news first.  I got a letter from the HOA about my trim.  Which I admit needs work, so they caught up with me.  I will call Carlos my drywall guy for a referral.  Hopefully it won't cost too much.  Ideally even Carlos could do it and then paint it (it has to be painted of course).  And it does look raggedy.  

For a time, drunken, head injured, Ron was calling in very frequent complaints on our neighbors and the HOA retaliated by finding very small violations that were expensive to fix.  Or fighting with Ron about the cat door in the garage, things like that.  But since he died they have been reasonable, fix the fence, fix the trim.  

So I have to do that.  I will.  

Next, I got a property tax bill.  I have a couple.  School tax came in that was $900.  More than I expected.  I anticipated the utility district (I live out in the county) would be about a thousand.  Before they started deferring it, at a lower value on the property, it was about $700 a year.  BUT I opened it and it was $554 on a property value over $100,00.  My house has about doubled since I bought it.  

NO I'm not selling.  

So that was awesome.  Last I checked I already had $1,400 in savings.  I am diligent about it.  Saving every pay period.  So now I have Harris County, the last time it was about $500.  And the HOA which is about $400 last year so I anticipate will be the same this year.  I have to pay them to send me fix it letters.  When the $400 would go a long way ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ to the fix!  

So that's not bad.  I was dreading that letter I am glad it came tonight.   

And I sampled the pot roast it is very good.  Not perfect, needs a tad more salt, but a nice beefy flavor.  I will portion it out tomorrow morning.  

My cycle is still going apparently I am clearing out both months ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I am not too stressed about it as I have tomorrow off and weight loss is a lot easier if you still have a cycle (I read).  

That's it for now.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know Ted Cruz wasn't even up for election in your state last night. Way to actually be up on things in your state. Basing your vote on him leaving the state during the freeze and then not even knowing he was not even up for reelection for 2022 just shows ignorance. You and many voters like you should not be allowed to vote since you are clueless and vote your feelings rather than reality and fact.

Anonymous said...

You are the one who commented in your post yesterday that you weren't voting for Cruz because of the texas freeze. What was the point in mentioning it if you knew he wasn't even up for election until 2026? No you did not know he wasn't up for reelection.

Heather Knits said...

I try to be nice in my responses but you need to work on your reading comprehension. I thought of Cruz because he put himself in the Astros parade, was booed by everyone attending, and one participant threw a beer can at him, hit him, and is up on assault charges. Also it is election time which gets me thinking about Cruz as well.

I knew he was not on the ballot and any subsequent comments bashing me will not be published. I am just assuming you are ignorant and not malicious here but I could be wrong.