Saturday, November 19, 2022

I made it to Saturday

 And only one more long day at work.  I have a couple of short days but only tomorrow, a short day, day off, short day, long days.  So not brutal.  

When I got home I took a nap and then got my pork roast going.  I cut it in half, made tricky by an extensive, hidden, bone.  Hopefully the one half will fit in my crock pot.  Years ago I gave away my bigger crock pot; I should have kept it.  I have very few regrets on things I've purged but that is one.  

I started the ginger, sweet potato, granny smith pork roast.  It should be good.  I also threw a few cloves in there too.  The other one is poblano pepper, cumin, oregano, onion, and garlic.  Each had a good splash of chicken broth as well.  I froze the one with Mexican spices.  Sell by date is tomorrow; I work a long day and then take the bus home.  Guaranteed I will not want to cook tomorrow.  

Cats are good.  They were loafing in the bed when I left and when I got back.  I just gave them a can of turkey pate you should have heard the meowing before they dug in.  

Tomorrow I plan to buy a breakfast sandwich at McDonald's with my gift card.  I will probably bring a salad and then eat that with the sandwich.  I am always looking for a way to sneak in some vegetables.  Not sure what else I will have, likely pork roast though.  I don't like to repeat tuna too often even though it is cheap and tasty because I don't want to get sick of it.  

I may also do some lentils on my day off.  They are very filling and non fattening.  Happily I have plenty of meat, almost all pork.  I also have the turkey leg for Thanksgiving.  That's a pound and a half, right there.  I will figure it out.  I try to do my cooking when I have the energy.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: