Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Tuesday night

 I slept OK and when I got up I decided to organize the kitchen a little.  I had done about half the dishes, my reusable bags, some containers, etc.  I had a kitchen towel sort of bunched up on the counter so I picked it up, a butcher knife dropped out and hit me in the leg on the way down.  

I am glad it was my leg and not my foot.  It is not a bad gash I will be able to work.  And I got the bleeding stopped so I don't have to worry about stitches.  I don't think I'm going to shave the leg, though.   

Funny side note, I was in the bathroom looking at my leg and Spotty (orange and white male) came in, meowed sweetly, and rubbed against my leg, getting blood all over my leg and his fur.  I had to shower anyway so I took care of my leg and Spotty can take care of himself.  

And it's going to rain today, not happy about that but I will wear my bigger Land's End coat.  When I bought it it was tight at a 3x.  Now I am a woman's xl so plenty of room.  I just want to get some more vegetables.  I have plenty of meat, I may also look and see if they have little containers on sale.  

That's it for now.  

 I am back.  I went out with my purple insulated tote bag (bought in better times), my teal winter coat (the 3 x which was indeed way too big, but abundantly warm), went to the grocery store.  

I started at the meat department.  What kind of nonsense is this that the ground beef was cheaper than the ground turkey?  So I got a pound of ground beef.  I got "my" salad mix (organic, one pound, assorted greens), some celery, a bag of those little peppers, some organic assorted (various colors) baby carrots, etc.  

Something told me to check my bank balance and I got paid early this week so I actually had something to spend for a change.  I also got a bag of "on sale" lemons and a bag of Halo oranges.  It was fun lugging that all home let me tell you.  I also got a can of biscuit dough - NOT A BIG ONE and the whole can if I cook and eat it will be 75 carbs which I can do.  

I need to clean the fridge, clean out the kitchen, do the dishes, so some meal prep.  But for now I am relaxing.  I even managed to get a nap when I got home from the store.  

All I need to prep is one meal.  

Oh, and during my nap?  I heard a dog whining so I am not going outside today.  I am one of those people who attracts hard luck animals I want him to wander off before I go out again.  

Taking a break... I had nuts, cheese, and baked beans for dinner not hungry.  

So I met a very interesting man on the bus.  He was autistic, I think, very shy but kept approaching people and giving them tracts so you know he was on my good list.  His pants were dirty but he was doing God's work and one guy shouted at him, he jumped like he'd been hit but he came over to me.  The first time I gave him a tract, "The Amazing Life of Jesus".  The second time he was so persistent I took it, it was a tract on suicide and how God can help.  

But I am pleased I got  to see him.  

I am hungry tonight for some reason.  I have about eaten my weight in cheese.  

And I saw something I found a little concerning.  There is a family in my neighborhood.  I have only ever seen the man and his two grandkids.  He would let the children run wild on my property.  Ron thought it was "cute", I did not, especially when I saw the kids chasing my cats.  They would walk an ugly looking dog every time.  One day the boy didn't know I was there and let the dog off leash to "sic" it on my cat, who beat up the dog pretty soundly.  I shouldn't have but I laughed.  So they don't like me much.  I just saw the grandfather walking the dog.  He was carrying a stun gun baton.  I used to have one but showed it to someone who played with it, leaving it on for an extended period of time watching it crackle, and burned it out.  

That is disturbing he thinks he needs that.  It makes me think.  

I did my meal prep for tomorrow in my reusable bags, some cheese, some nuts, cut up vegetables to eat before my shift.  I have cut up peppers, cucumber, and some baby carrots.  Kroger had such a nice looking bag of different colored baby carrots I had to get them.  I am a sucker for the multicolors.  

Not sure what I am doing for breakfast yet.  I will figure it out.  I think I'm going to hard boil some eggs.  

That's it for now.  

Edit I made egg salad for breakfast.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

" I just saw the grandfather walking the dog. He was carrying a stun gun baton." Another reason not to let your cats roam free.

Anonymous said...

Have a nice Thanksgiving. I know you used to look forward to going to your aunts for Thanksgiving. Stay strong and enjoy your turkey leg and sides and pamper yourself for the day.

Heather Knits said...

MY cats avoid them. In the incident I mentioned my cat had come out on my side yard, the dog saw it, the boy let the dog off leash, the dog went after the cat and got his butt kicked. But he had let the dog loose on my property which is a big no no legally. The grandfather doesn't want any trouble and may have encountered the loose pit bull the night I came home from work and was followed by it.

I plan to make a good day of it. Most important I did take my antidepressant this morning.