Thursday, November 3, 2022

Thursday morning

 I slept pretty well last night, woke up early, and laid in bed for an hour with the cats purring at me.  A nice way to start the day.  Then I got up and fed them.  

I had lost track of my budget, I knew I had paid most of my bills, my doctor visit, etc. but now much did I have left?  I have a good amount so that's good.  

I just need to decide if I want to use olive oil for cooking and take Vitamin E for a couple of weeks before I get my blood test, or not.  I would like to have the best cholesterol numbers possible considering I am doing keto and everyone thinks high fat diets are the devil.  So I will probably wait.  I will get the olive oil in a few days.  I am also using lard I keep in the fridge, for cooking.  It works pretty well it is the "Manteca" style a block of lard wrapped in paper.  

Mood is pretty good I took a caffeine pill, but I will REALLY be happy when the mood stabilizers come in.  I always feel more secure with a couple months' of sanity on hand.  And I know I am very fragile and would break quickly without medication.  So I am diligent.  I already put some in the non-cold part of my lunch bag for tonight.  

I am looking forward to trying that taco casserole I think that will be really good, and I could stand to work some beans into my diet.  I have about a half cup beans in each portion, 4 ounces ground turkey, and 1/4c cheese.  I am not really crazy about salsa.  

Growing up my Dad preferred (still does) VERY bland food with minimal seasonings so that is all I ate.  I am an anomaly in that I like Indian food.  But I don't like salsa or guacamole although I do like "taco" flavors like you get in the packet or my large canister (which has been a really good bargain, I will definitely buy another one).  I don't even like onions.  I guess I am my father's daughter although I was thinking I might get one of those little bottles of red wine to fix myself my next pot roast.  I think that might be good.  My last pot roast was tasty but very bland.  I need to put some broth or wine in the crock pot.  Maybe both.  And more salt.  I am always timid with the salt.  

I won't drink any of the wine, just put some in the roast and pour the rest out.  

I need to buy some more cat food, I opened my reserve.  So I need to think about what day I will do that.  Since I get off early on Sunday I may do it then and just pay for a ride home, according to my budget I can do that.  I could also get that large olive oil as well and maybe some more eggs as it's hard to take them home on the bus.  Too bouncy.  

I did all the laundry so my favorite jeans are ready to go.  I have 3 or so pair I really like with good pockets, that fit well.  I am not sure if they will still fit me at goal or not, depends I think if "goal" is 170 or 160.  I plan to do 170 for now though.  Take a month at maintenance and decide if I want to go down to 160.  Right now I am at a maintainer level even though I am eating fewer calories and macros than that, so I may continue to lose.  I just want the room to eat more if needed during the holidays, bringing my own lunch, etc.  It was a real killer working those 6 days in a row I was eating about 200 calories more a day than I wanted.  That's why I adjusted.  

I would also like to get some good quality coconut oil to eat by the spoon.  I am open to suggestions so hit me in the comments with good brand names.  I am not getting enough fat some days and that would be a good way to do it.  I looked into fat bombs but they all seem to have chocolate or nut butters in them which I can't do; so I will have to do plain coconut oil.  

I am really glad management fixed my schedule it makes me feel like they give a damn and they are willing to work with me.  Makes me more eager to go in and give them a good day.  But from a practical standpoint I don't think they would be able to find a responsible worker, early every day, over 20 years of retail experience, willing to work nights AND weekends.  Part time with no benefits.  Not likely.  

I promised Dad I would look into Obama Care on my next day off so we will see how that goes.  I hope I can find a basic plan that does not bankrupt me.  Some times I don't make a lot of money and a $100 a month or whatever fee would be too much.  But we'll see.  Even just a catastrophic plan would be good.  

Two of my Rapture Ready friends developed cancer this year and one of them is terminal.  Something to think about.   

I hope I die of a heart attack.  What I saw with Ron it was quick and peaceful.  

Enough about that; getting ready to go to work.  It was nice starting the day with the cats I set my alarm early for tomorrow, too.  I do wonder how Spotty is the only cat at a good weight around here.  The other 2 are butterballs.  And obese cats don't live as long.  As near as I can figure someone else is feeding them.  

Eventually (when I have the money) I want to chain-link the cat enclosure so they can go out but not roam anymore.  I will have to get some quotes on that.  

That's it for now.  It is warmer out so I have a cold pack in with my candy today. 

Oh, and I'm going to run this by you and ask opinions.  I am thinking about losing down to 155 so I can say I lost 100 pounds.  What do you think?  I could probably do it eating this way I find it easy and I have enough carbs to keep me happy.  No frankenfoods.  Just real stuff.  

Let me know what you think.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a medical professional in any way, but it seems to me one shouldn't attempt to skew numbers on health testing. They're supposed to give a picture of what's happening with your body so probably should continue normal eating patterns and them make changes after the results come in and indicate the need. Then those changes should become one's new eating habits and the effectiveness of them (or not) will show in the next round of testing. Does that make sense the way I tried to explain it?

Take care
Barbara

Heather Knits said...

Well I'm thinking the meat fats shortening is not going to help my cholesterol numbers so I switched to lard. Plan to do olive oil and/or lard from now on.

I am concerned cholesterol will come back high and they will blame keto and not poor fat choices. So I want to make better fat choices before I get stuck. I would also like to add Vitamin E as my numbers were always great on that.

I am not making any calls on my weight until I get through the holidays and maintain it at 180-185. Then I can start losing again and see how far I want to go. I don't want to go too far as I don't like how my face looks.