Sunday, November 6, 2022

Drama drama

 I was fine getting to work.  

I was a little frustrated as Carb Manager had been acting up, had logged me out and wouldn't let me log in again.  I find that aggravating.  I rebooted it, reset my password, all sorts of things.  Finally, just now, I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  That worked.  Apparently they did an upgrade but it is not updating the app, you have to manually go to the Play Store and do it yourself.  

Work was OK except another employee dumped some work on me and said "You'll do it, right?"  I told her "If I have time and I am pretty busy, (boss) wants me doing this first" she rolled her eyes at me and stomped off.  Later on the OTHER boss came along and asked me nicely to finish it, so I did.  

And I got shouted at by an assistant manager.  I was helping out 2 departments.  She shouted at me and said my name several times in a NASTY tone of voice like you would say 'Homewrecker" or "Piece of crap" which I didn't appreciate.  I didn't marry you, you don't get to talk to me like that even if I did.  I was pissed.  Not only that it's like why bother if the company treats me like this?  I can't get better treatment somewhere else?  And you wonder why all the good people leave?  When J. left (a manager) the associates almost cried, they loved him so.  Just a nasty, hateful, attitude.  At times Ron wasn't much of a husband but (to other people) he was an excellent boss, very good at motivating and leading by example.  One time someone on a forklift ran into a pallet of soda in our storage area (Post Office did not offer to pay for the damages or our labor cost to clean it up).  The girls working for us, 2 of them in their 40's, stayed 2 hours after shift to clean it and apologized the next day because they didn't finish it, having to get home.  Not only did Ron pay them but he thanked them profusely.  He worked twice as hard as anyone on his payroll (before the accident) and I used to have to chase him down and feed him dinner as he stocked the machines.  That's what I'm used to and I just don't see it at my store.  

NO I don't want to go into management.   

About a quarter to three (off at 3) it started pouring rain.  It did not stop until after 4:30 so I took a cab home.  I keep a $20 on me when I leave the house for just this sort of thing.  

And when I went to log out I could not, I went to personnel and for some reason various employees were on all the computers (not logging out).  I finally found a working computer at a desk that did not have a chair so I had to type in all my information standing up which wasn't fun.  But I got logged out OK.  

But I got out, got home OK.  Got the groceries I had wanted except I forgot the Vitamin E and I should have got another $20 out of the ATM.  I got a good nap.  

Cycle was pretty crazy the last 36 hours or so but I guess it is playing catch up since I missed a month.  

That's it for now.  

Since we won the World Series we will be having a massive, chaotic, parade downtown which is going to affect nearly all the bus routes tomorrow.  I had planned to go out and buy some groceries so we will have to see.  

No comments: