Saturday, November 12, 2022

Saturday night

 The question will arise so first of all let me say I don't know where the dog lives, the owners name, anything.  All I know the owner was a young (early 20's) latino man who called the dog "Diego".  

Got to work just fine.  Cheat day so I had 2 donuts.  Work was busy, break went fine but a problem on my lunch.  Too many associates, not enough microwaves... and people putting their stuff in for 5+ minutes rather that just a quick heat and eat like I wanted.  I resolved I will not be bringing lunch meals that require heating, at least while working 9-4.  Nothing against Walmart or my fellow associates but 2 microwaves for over a hundred people?  Come on.  

Left on time, but had to wait on the bus.  The sun had set by the time I got to the transit center so I put on my reflective safety vest.  It was cold, the wind made it worse.  But buses would pull up next to me to board and the engine would be right next to me, a toasty source of warmth.  It was awful in the summer but I took advantage tonight.  

Bus came.  Never seen the driver in my life.  He passed up one stop so I had myself set when I signaled for my stop, I got up and stood next to him, here it is..that worked.  "See you tomorrow".  

And then the dog.  It was skinny, male, unaltered.  The ears and tail had been cruelly cropped but maybe not by the owner.  He had a broken rope trailing from his collar and he REALLY wanted to live with me.  He kept following me, getting in front of me, trying to get my attention and some pets.  I was completely freaked out.  I am already scared of dogs and this?  Why couldn't it have been a wiener dog or a lab?  The owner chased it in vain (I wouldn't want to go back to living with him, either).  He ran off down another street and I hoofed it home as fast as I could.  

I had eaten my big meal at work and taken my pills, so I just had to do meal prep for tomorrow.  I chopped vegetables.  I made a salad.  I took my pot roast with kale out of the freezer.  I hard boiled eggs and made tuna salad.  I found a little jar with a screw on cap that will work great for salad dressing.  I mixed cheap store brand Italian dressing with Extra Virgin Olive oil to make a better dressing, and put it in the fridge.  I cut up cheese...you get the idea.  I did not do dishes which I will have to do tomorrow as all this "healthy eating, 6 servings of veggies a day" eating comes with a lot of dishes.  I talked to my aunt, I talked to my parents.  

I did not tell either of them how creepy and sinister the transit center got after dark.  The patrons were OK at 6 PM but I would hate to see it at 9 or 10 PM.  I will be there a lot after dark the coming weeks so I will just have to be smart and bring my stun gun.  And don't act like a victim.  

Last night I got a little cold in bed.  I had a wool blanket, a quilt, a fleece blanket, and a sheet.  So I got Ron's thick sherpa blanket and put that on top.  That was perfect.  The cats love it as they always have.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: