Thursday, November 10, 2022

Thursday morning

I really prefer older cats to kittens, kittens are very cute and I love their little meows, but the energy is a little much.  That's why I find it funny my last 4 cats I got as kittens.  

They came in pairs.  Biscuit and Gravy in 2015, Cleo and Spotty in 2019.  If I had to get kittens again I would get a pair, they have a built in playmate and best friend.  I would also get black ones if I got to pick because I love black cats and they have terrible adoption rates.  

I wear a lot of black, and dark colors, and I have 3 (mostly) white cats.  It's a lot of cat hair to the point my aunt bought me 2 lint rollers when I started my job hunt last year.  Don't get me wrong I love my gang and would not give them up for anything, but if I ever find myself at the shelter again I would ask for the older cat room, get a black cat or one with one eye, three legs, that sort of thing, the one no one wants.  Because that is going to be the most awesome cat in the place.  

I am getting ready to take my shower and then I just need to do my God Time, get dressed, bag up my candy.  I could not find pinata mix so today's candy offering is going to be an odd mix of butterscotch, cinnamon disks, peppermints, and Mexican caramels so good all the drivers were asking for more the next time they saw me.  I think I can get pinata mix at work.  

Problem, I need to buy cat food (7 pound bag), I also need to get my refills (if they want to give it to me I will damn sure take it, I need that stuff to stay alive!), and some sort of meat for the next couple days (see "Tragic" blog for details on that).  Do I have room in my bag for a 5 pound sack of pinata mix?  Or should I wait until tomorrow?  I think I will likely wait unless they don't have the cat food.  

And I need to get going on that... all done.  

I called Jack and we laughed about him forgetting me last week.  That sort of thing doesn't bother me.  It really takes a lot to get me upset.  Hateful, nasty, talk, even if the words are "fine", will get me.  That's verbal abuse.  Ron used to say I would "tone" him, the words would be fine but the tone that upset him.  A couple of my bosses do that, derogatory tone of voice when asking me to do things.  They don't realize that kills morale.  I'm doing the work regardless but I would rather have a respectful tone of voice and no donut day vs. the alternative.  Donuts only cover so much.  

Anyway it is a nice day.  I have my lunch packed, a nice salad, some celery sticks, cheese, tuna salad (not at the same time!), and the pot roast on a nice bed of steamed kale.  I am very proud of myself.  

I never really wanted to take care of myself.  Depression would be too bad or just beaten down and exhausted caring for Ron.  

I took my wedding ring off, it is loose and even fits on my right hand loosely.  I need to decide if I want to get a size 7 titanium ring (I like titanium I can wear it when I do my housecleaning or put dishes in the bleach-based sanitizer solution), or leave it off.  I can't help but think my jewelry box may be packed away somewhere in the garage.  I should go looking; I had a nice titanium band in a 7.  

I am wearing my Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda size 18 bootcut jeans.  They are baggy in the pelvis area.  Does that mean I "could fit" a 16?  I don't know.  I will have to see if they have any 16's at the thrift shop.  They tend to have a lot of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, though.  I like these they are fun, but way too long, so I rolled them up.  I think talls were sold as regulars.  They are way longer than 30 inches, but rolled up they are cute.  And how long will I be wearing this size, anyway?  They are already pretty loose.  

I need to get my prescription when I go to work, and I need to check out meat options for dinner the upcoming week.  I brought an extra insulated bag and a quart sized Gatorade bottle I filled with water and froze solid.  That should keep any raw meat cold long enough to get it home.  I will ask God to point something out.  I don't need much a pound or two of meat would do it, depending on the meat.  I am not crazy about Walmart's frozen ground turkey it has a lot of blood/juice in it which leaks out and makes a smelly, awful, mess as it thaws.  Enough to make me a vegetarian.  But I will find something.  

That's it for now.  I may do an update on my lunch at work.  

No comments: