Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Tuesday morning

 I woke up a couple of times.  But I woke up again around 6:30.  That will work for Thursday and Friday but the weekend and Monday I have to get up a lot earlier.  But I go to bed early most nights anyway.  

The cats got in bed with me as I got up it was really sweet, lots of meowing and purring.  I saw they still had some food in their bowl so I told them to eat it and I would feed them more, they did.  I did.  

I got the laundry started.  I basically have one load of clothes this week.  Once I finish my cycle I will wash the bedding and put the "fun" sheets on the bed.  I don't want to bleed on something nice.  

I read an article about Senator Cruz.  Now, I voted for him a couple of times.  I was happy to vote for him because I saw him as a "good" guy with "good conservative values" and overall I think his values are on point.  But as you know, if you read my posts a few years back how angry I was that he left town to go to a resort town in Mexico during our epic freeze.  I can understand sending his wife and teenage daughters out of town (my Dad disagrees), but he should have stayed with his constituents.  I had a lot to say about it but that about sums it up.  He left, I was stuck with blind bed bound Alzheimer's Ron falling out of bed.  I was worried sick and terrified.  

So he was in the Astros parade.  Probably the only way he thought he could get acclaim these days, and, yes, he was booed.  If I had seen him I would have booed him too.  Someone threw a beer can at him.  It hit him in the chest but did not hurt him.  Now I disapprove of that but I would have been right in there with the booing.  As long he was separate from the Astros, them I admire.  

And, just like the "fled to Mexico" incident, he is making "jokes" about the guy who threw the can havinga  "noodle arm".  That's, like, inciting someone to come and get you.  Not smart.  And that made me very angry with the whole Mexico incident he was making jokes about it the next year when people like me were in the dark and cold, with no water, terrified.  That's not funny.  That's NEVER funny.  People died.  

Ron died a few weeks later but that was ruled a heart attack.  I have never felt the freeze contributed.  

So I started on the laundry.  It is supposed to get up to 86 today we will see about that.  I don't want to turn on the AC but I may need to, it depends.  I need to do dishes and get the pot roast started.  I have some of those crock pot liner bags, I really like those.  I also need to cook up some kale to put in the containers, under the pot roast.  That worked really well last time.  

That's it for now.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fault for the power outages lies with ALL your state reps in the Texas legislature. Texas officials knew winter storms could leave the state’s power grid vulnerable, but they left the choice to prepare for harsh weather up to the power companies — many of which opted against the costly upgrades. That, plus a deregulated energy market largely isolated from the rest of the country’s power grid, left the state alone to deal with the crisis, experts said.

So greed trumped common sense and the power companies choose money over doing the right thing. All those in your state legislature should be voted out of power in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Ron was falling out of bed because he was drunk not because he had alzheimers. Let's at least acknowledge that truth and admit that you supplied him with all his alcohol while he was bed bound and incapable of getting it himself. Thus contributing to his drunken stupor. I don't blame you as I am sure it was easier to manage him drunk than sober.

Heather Knits said...

Oh there's a lot of blame for the outage. Two problems: butthead legislators could not fix this in the last 2 years, they could have but didn't give a [censored] about the common taxpayer like myself. They sure weren't thinking about caregivers, parents of small kids, the elderly, and disabled.

My issue with Cruz is twofold: one, he cut and run. Two, he never, to this day, sees that as a BAD thing and in fact makes ongoing jokes about it. That upsets me and I never get upset at politicians. Heck, I have had 2 years of Biden, 8 years of Obama, I am a conservative Christian and I have never vented about them. The worst I said was Obama put my hackles up, when he first entered the presidential race.

That to me is remarkable that a conservative upsets me more than those 2. And I lost my business under Biden's policies.