Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Meal prep

 The pot roast came out FANTASTIC so I will share the recipe.  

2 pound pot roast (I used arm roast)

1/2 cup red wine 

1/2 cup good beef stock (I got tetra pak)

1/4 t salt

1/4 t pepper 

For you I would advise 1-2 handfuls chopped onion and a garlic clove or two in the bottom of the crockpot.   I am allergic to garlic and not fond of onions, but you are.  :)  

Use a crock pot liner, much easier.  Put onions and garlic, meat, pour liquid over the top and then add seasonings.  I cooked mine 8 hours on low.  


It was very easy and very tasty, looking forward to dinner now at work.  So I cooked my organic kale, about half the bag.  I put about a cup of cooked kale (2 servings veggies) in the bottom of each container, added about 4 ounces roast and a ladle of juice with some beef fat.  That was the first container.  I also used some of the broth to cook the kale (ladled over the raw greens before microwaving).  

Second container was a 3 cup rectangle.  I put 3 cups mixed organic greens in a container (could not do x 5 like I could with the meat/kale mix so I will do this every night), cut up 2 stalks of celery and added that to the container.  The celery helped hold the greens down.  I am thinking to buy a bottle of dressing at work tomorrow and just carry it in my bag.  

I will have tuna for dinner, lunch will be the pot roast.  

Then I cut up cheese, 2 ounce portions, one for breakfast, one for snack.  I think that will hold me.  That is, count it, 6 servings of vegetables, one of fruit (plan to bring a cut up apple), meat, fish, dairy, mixed greens.  I think that is a good start.  

I never wanted to eat right until I started losing weight and began pulling out of my grief.  I actually don't mind doing the meal prep as long as I have the time to do it, and that's the nice thing about being single.  I do have the time.  

My aunt has said she is going to try to get here next week, that should be fun if it happens.  

No comments: