Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Well I made a mistake but not a fatal one

 I had 4 loads of laundry this week.  The usual load, 2 loads of thrift shop, and the cleaning rags and towels load.  

I did the first 3 no problem and even used the no cat hair dryer sheets on the thrift store stuff.  I washed the towels and rags in washing soda and borax plus the detergent.  I ran the load; I did it on "soak" first, then I ran a load of "whites" then I ran a "rinse and spin" I thought, with some vinegar.  

No, I ran a load of "whites" again with the vinegar.  Whoops.  

I talked to my aunt she is fine.  Almost back home now.  It is always fun to talk to her.  

I feel a little bad my Dad had mentioned he wanted to talk to her when she drove back home and I did, instead.  I feel bad about that.  

The chicken smells divine so I think the recipe is a keeper.  Next up is the pork roast.  I am thinking ginger, garlic, salt, pepper, chicken broth.  I am going to cut the roast in half and put half in the freezer, seasoned up and in the broth.  The other half goes in the crock pot.   

So I put a couple things on my Christmas list.  I have been thinking I could use some flannel sheets at night when I'm getting ready for bed, so I found a pair in a vivid purple and put it on the list, two different purple lunch boxes.  Some cold packs you put in the freezer and reuse.  A bigger, red, crock pot.  Any one of those would be great.  

I rethought the crock pot and moved that to my personal wish list.  Other than that I can't think of anything I need, except maybe a new keyboard.  This one is getting a little creaky.  

I am taking a break from my meal prep work.  I did all the dishes and they are soaking in a bleach sanitizer solution.  Can't be too careful.  It is hell on my hands, though, the dish washing and then the bleach.  I will put the good lotion on my hands when I go to bed tonight.  

I need to take the skin and bones out of my chicken dish, then portion that out, see how far it goes.  It is 3 chicken thighs so I am only thinking 3 meals?  I like a generous portion but obviously that's not hurting me.  

I need to make tuna for a couple of days.  

I need to make salads; and cut up some raw vegetables for snacking.  I also need to figure out if I'm taking some fruit.  I did all the clothes so that's done.  

I do need to wash my sheets that has been a while.  But every day I'm off the cats are in my bed looking so plump and sweet, I can't move them.  Or so I tell myself.  

That reminds me I want to do a cleaning cycle on my washer.  

Now it's photo time.  


It's very important to me they get along and they all know that.  The teal blanket was Ron's.  That's one of the few things I kept.  


New jeans that fit next to the cats.  


Jeans that don't fit yet but were too cute to pass up.  

Me with my thrift store haul: 


That's it for now.  I tried the chicken, it is pretty good but needed more salt so I would up it to 1/2 t in the recipe.  I will edit it.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who is the white, black, and brown kitty? So pretty!