Friday, November 18, 2022

Friday morning

 Not sure what to think of this.  Some of my coworkers were talking.  I know one was teasing me which is fine.  The other one was dead serious, very grim, saying I "talk to the male customers".  I talk to everyone.  And that I had "told that one man I was losing weight".  She mentioned that several times in the course of a 5 minute conversation.  

I felt bad for the man, I was passing the Men's department on the way to the breakroom.  He was trying on button down shirts and had asked if I thought he looked OK.  I told him (honestly) he looked great.  He sadly told me he had gained some weight.  He was about 40 pounds over.  I told him I had been 258 and he gaped at me.  Then I told him I had lost it doing keto.  He wanted to know a little about it so I told him, and told him to look it up online.  He was very encouraged and smiling when I left.  That was all.  

The way some of the girls talk you would swear I am giving out my phone number!  😂  I probably do need to check for a wedding ring before talking with a guy, though.  Unless it is business.  Although I never minded if Ron talked to women.  

I just gave it back and said I needed a sugar daddy to take care of my cats as Biscuit is very expensive   and the lady teasing me laughed.  The other lady kind of scoffed and stomped off.  

But, other than that, everyone did love the new jeans.  Even my fashion lady.  She always wears very stylish outfits and she gave the jeans a thumbs up.  Said they showed my figure.  Oh.  I almost forgot.  


I got someone in the breakroom to take a photo.  Of course I had the "adds 30 pounds" vest on over that but that's OK.  I'm really not looking to impress anyone.  

I felt bad for my bosses, they were tired.  They left around 7.  I think they had worked 12 hours.  They need another team lead.  

I ate everything I brought.  I also had some canned pumpkin when I got home.  I had some sugar free pumpkin spice syrup so I added that to the canned (plain) pumpkin and stirred it, it was very good.  And that's 2 more vegetables for me.  I am trying to eat a mix of food.  

I slept OK but woke up at 2, remembered I had meant to put on my hand lotion (hands are very dry from the weather and all the hand washing), did that, went back to bed.  I am pretty tired and unmotivated this morning so I am thinking I will use my McD gift card and buy myself a double cheeseburger for my lunch.  And I will have plenty of value left on the card!  

We also had some "PDQ's" of sweats on sale for $8.  If I can find a women's 20 top in navy I am going to get it.  I could use a top.  I have some bottoms but nothing in navy.  

Tomorrow looks to be utterly miserable: rain, cold.  Probably wind.  I have a ride TO work but may have to take one from.  It is also going to rain Monday.  We need the rain I just wish not when I was traveling.  I will likely wear my long underwear tomorrow under some of my bigger jeans.  

I need to get ready, that's it for now.  

All done with my shower, I'm going to eat my kale and then get dressed.  I am going to use olive oil on the kale so I don't want to be wearing a shirt.  

I packed pumpkin with the sugar free syrup (2 servings vegetables), salad (3 servings), blackberries (2 servings), bowl of cooked kale 2-3 servings.  I feel a lot better hitting at least 6 vegetables a day.  Digestion is great, too.  I also brought chicken in red wine sauce, and will buy myself a burger for dinner.  

Thanksgiving dinner will be pumpkin puree, pecan pie (a mini), green salad, cooked kale, smoked turkey leg, fried ham, cornbread stuffing, and gravy.  It should be pretty good.  I had good Thanksgivings with Ron and bad ones.  I have been thinking some about a bad one.  Hopefully I can get past that this year.  When I would see my aunt she would always give Ron a plate.  One year I told her forget the plate, put it all in a baggie and mix it up.  He loved it so we just did that every year, stuffing, turkey, gravy all mixed up in a bag.  He would lay in bed with the bag on his chest making yum yum noises.  It looked awful but he had a great time.  I will try to focus on those years.  

 I am wearing my teal skinny cut jeans with a matching teal plaid shirt.  I believe they came from the same closet my aunt kept exclaiming how cute they looked together.  And it  says "16" fits great so that is wonderful.  I get a lot of compliments when I wear skinny cut jeans I guess it works with my figure.  I don't know much about that.  

But I think my coworkers will like it.  I will probably be accused 😂 of trying to catch a man but I can live with it.  And I'm not, I'm at the stage in my process I am OK living with the cats.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: