Friday, November 4, 2022

Friday morning

 I can't say much about materialism because it pays my bills but people were going crazy last night which is what Walmart wanted.  They wanted to get rid of that stuff and when I left about half of it was gone.  I understand wanting to grab the "deal" but I didn't see anything I would use.  

Management was also clear we cannot buy any markdowns for 24 hours which is also something I was told when I was hired.  So that means the "good stuff" is always gone unless you hide it and that is another firing offense.  Not worth it.  I'm not blowing over a thousand a month on something I can get at the thrift shop.  

Not sure when I will hit the thrift shop.  I have 3 days next week, my aunt had hoped to come but her husband asked her to stay so that's out.  Of course the husband comes first, then her kids, and grandkids.  She is getting a new grandson early next year so I assume visits will be out after he's born.  She did a lot of child care for his sisters after they were born and "helping the family out" is a huge reason she moved there anyway.  And they come first.  I am happy to be on the list even if it's a ways down.  And if something awful happened to me she would come.  

I got to work with one of my friends last night, I like her a lot.  She was very happy to see me when I came so I could help.  Apparently one of the women who works nights, the one who is always late, was not only late on Wednesday but very rude to my friend, grabbing things out of her hands and shouting at her.  My friend reported this to management.  

I understand accommodating her on the job as she had a work injury but allowing her to be tardy and abusive is another thing.  I am not a manager anymore and it is probably a good thing.  It really goes to the team lead.  If you are overall a good worker they will bend the rules more.  Not that I ask that for myself, just let me off at 10.  But if you are not a good worker they fire you.  It is just what category are you in.  

I don't have to see this woman until Saturday.  There were some other issues with her, things she did that got me in trouble, knowing she would get me in trouble.  So I set some boundaries so that does not happen again and she is very unhappy about that.  But she works nights 5 days a week.  I have thought would I want her job if she got fired and the answer is I am not sure.  I kind of like working my days on the weekend.  And I am really looking forward to my 3 days off even though it will mean a lesser paycheck in two and a half weeks.  

I need to talk to Jack about taking me to work next weekend at 8 AM.  Hopefully he can do it.  If not I will ask the cab driver.  If that doesn't work I will take the bus.  Uber has not always come for me and I can't take a chance of missing it.  Last night Donna had that problem, her Uber was late and she was too.   

Ready to go now.  Yesterday something interesting happened, I was walking from the bus stop to the front entrance of the store.  I saw a woman I recognized from the paratransit service, another client.  She was older, sitting in an electric wheelchair, and had weeping sores on her legs.  She looked at me and said "Tell me he's not dead".  

I said "He's not, he's in Heaven with Jesus!"  She acted like it was such a terrible thing Ron had died until I reminded her he always used to talk about Heaven, how he had been there in 2003, how much he wanted to go back, how he said it was beyond words.  "He's there now and happier than he ever was on Earth" I finished as I gave her my last bag of candy with a Scripture booklet.  

Ron and I used to talk about "believers" who always acted as if death was a bad thing.  It's not.  It is hard for those left behind as they have to adjust their lives and deal with the grief, but for a believer death is a very good thing.  God will take us each when He's ready so you can't rush it.  Ron had to wait 18 years to go back.  They were very hard years for us both.  

But Ron used to call it "Graduation" and talk about "that lucky SOB" when he heard someone had died.  He wouldn't want people to talk about him as if his death was a bad thing.  It was very hard on me, I lost my husband, my job, almost lost my home.  But Ron is having a very good time and I want people to know it.  

So that was an interesting way to start my work day.  

I packed another lunch for today, taco casserole (meat, cheese, beans) it was pretty good yesterday.  I am going to treat myself to a double cheeseburger for lunch.  It is within my carb allowance.  I also have cheese, hard boiled eggs, cut up vegetables, 2 mandarin oranges, and an apple.  I didn't eat everything yesterday but it was good to have it.  

That's it for now, probably won't post tonight unless I do from my phone on lunch.  

No comments: