Monday, November 21, 2022

Sunday night and Monday morning

My hands are very irritated.  I will need to apply a lot of lotion.  

Work was fine.  I got a ride in and had time to eat my breakfast.  I got pretty depressed right before work so I didn't look around at the storage containers or anything.  Everyone kept asking me what was wrong, I "didn't look right".  I really have a transparent face.  I think that is a good thing most days.  

I got my break and lunch on time so I was happy about that, and I had enough to eat.   

I got home OK.  One of my bus drivers was asking about the Scripture booklet, where I got it, etc.  He liked the concept of handing it out in candy so I told him how to get the booklets.  (www.wmpress.org) and where I get my candy.  If you're going to hand out a lot you need the BIG bags of candy.  

I was wearing my white puffer coat so I felt visible going home.  I did see a large, dead, dog next to the very busy street by my subdivision.  A lot of dogs die in that street.  Happily it is pretty far from my house and I have never seen my cats in the street.  Baby Girl used to go down the storm drain that is all.  I suspect she went in there the day she died.  I got to the house OK and got in, everything was fine.  

I get paid Wednesday and I am trying to plan out my budget.  I talked to my parents, went to bed, slept OK.  I got out Ron's 2 heated blankets.  The big blanket seems to be broken.  If so I will throw it out.  The throw blanket puts out a mild warmth but nothing impressive.  I will keep that just out of nostalgia remembering Ron under it.  I forgot I bought Ron a big feather comforter for our anniversary back in 2005 I think.  It doesn't have a cover so I am going to look at flannel covers on Amazon.  That would be nice in the bed.  But I'm not sure how much the cover will run.  

I need to take a shower but am not washing my hair today, it looks fine.   All done.  At some point I need to get a new watch.  The one I have is fine but the band, fake leather, is shot.  It is actively raining right now so I put on my long underwear bottoms under my jeans.  I didn't wear wool socks that was a little uncomfortable with the compression socks.  I have a sweatshirt over a t shirt and will wear my coat and poncho over t hat.  I will be quite a sight.  I have my candy bagged up and ready to go as well.  Mainly "Help From Above" booklets which got my parents really excited when they read them, perfect for handing out to someone in trouble.  

Work is only 4 hours so it shouldn't be bad.  I am going to look around a little before work and get some cheese for home, also maybe some lunch box type containers.  I wasn't crazy about paying $6 for mini salad dressing containers for  my lunch but looking online I'm not going to do any better.  And a salad from the deli is "like' $4 so I save in the long run.  Ugh... rain rain this is going to be interesting.  

I did manage to do most of my laundry last night so I won't have much to do tonight when I get home from work.  I don't know what I'm doing for dinner yet either.  The good news the rain should be over by the time I get off work today.  

I will say I am nice and toasty sitting in my house so hopefully I can take this out to the bus stop.  I'm not too worried though it is not very windy.  And I do have my poncho.  

That's it for now.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think with all your weight loss you still need compression socks?

Heather Knits said...

The last time I went to work without them, admittedly some time ago, I missed having them. My next 4 hour shift I will give it a try.

Anonymous said...

You could always roll them up and pack them in your lunch just in case you need them.

Heather Knits said...

My donning process involves a fair amount of cursing and tugging...LOL