Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Wednesday morning

Didn't sleep great but I had a lot of caffeine.  Happily still manic, STILL washing my clothes.  Not complaining.  But I got all the shirts hung up and several of the jeans folded in my drawer.  I think I will wear the fat pants for a few days because I did have a large vanilla malt with lunch yesterday.  Did I need it?  No.  But it was good and I think the last one I had was the summer time.  

I am back to healthy eating habits today.  I am not even hungry yet, to be honest.  But my sweatpants still fit.  

I got the chicken in red wine sauce started.  I will share the recipe and then tell you if it was any good.  

2 pounds chicken thighs, with bone and skin (I got 3 big thighs)

1 garlic clove (peeled of course)

I handful chopped onions

1/4 t each salt and pepper 

1/2 cup red wine (mine is still good)

1/2 cup chicken broth 

Crock pot cooking bag 

Place bag/liner in crock pot, then add garlic and onions.  Place each chicken thigh in pot, combine broth, wine, and spices, stir well.  Pour mixture over chicken, close up, set timer on low for several hours.  


We will see how it turns out.  I also added a little extra salt and pepper to each chicken thigh as I put them in the pot because they looked kind of flavorless just sitting there.  

I may need to get a bigger crock pot if I want to do things like chicken leg quarters.  I am OK with that I will think it out.  I would love a bright red one, I have a bright red theme with my small appliances, I go out of the way to buy ones that are bright red.  My egg cooker, my pancake maker, my can opener, things like that.  I find it fun.  

It's a small kitchen so I want a harmonious theme.  

I am fine with my small kitchen it is just me cooking.  It was a problem when Ron was alive and using his wheelchair because he loved to sit in the kitchen and drink his vodka.  He didn't like to move.  I called him my Blind Kitchen Obstacle and he loved it.  "I'm your Obstacle".  

The cats are loafing in my bed, I guess I know what they do when I am gone.  

I put a couple things on my Amazon wish list, a bigger, red, Crock pot; a nice big purple lunch bag.  I have an orange bag that is OK but the zipper sticks a lot when I am opening it.  It is frustrating.  Don't get me wrong it keeps my food cold.  But it has seen better days; and if I'm going to get a gift that would be a good one.  

So we will see.  The bags are really cute and not very expensive.  Nice advantage they won't look like anyone else's lunch in the breakroom.  Someone at work has "my" smaller lunch bag so I don't take it anymore so the food doesn't get confused.  No one has my current, big orange bag.  Which I like just fine it is just the zipper problem.  

And my local TV station is playing NCIS reruns today instead of Blue Bloods.  Well my TV will be off today.  I plan to relax a little (I am still doing laundry) and then do the cleaning and food prep this afternoon.  

My light bulb burned out, up front.  It was a light sensing bulb that turned on when it got dark out, it was great, lasted a good couple years and only $5 so a good deal.  Amazon has something.  I have had some problems with my timer outlet inside the house and have no desire to burn my house down with faulty electronics, so I unplugged it.  I got a 2 pack of light sensing bulbs and will have one on the outdoor fixture and one inside in the front room.  Then the house will be nice and bright when I come home.  I moved my 3 way pole lamp to Ron's room.  It's in the front of the house and my bedroom is in the back so it won't bother me.  I like the concept.  

Eventually I need some electrical work done, ceiling lights in Ron's room and laundry room, new light fixture over dining room table, new ceiling fan.  I will save up.  Carlos can do it he said, for pretty cheap.  I am not sure about the fan but if he can do a light fixture I don't see why he couldn't do the fan.  He is a good guy.  I am glad I know some guys like that who can fix my house, are decent men, won't overcharge me.  I have the fixtures picked out, I have 2 fixtures in other rooms that came as a 2 pack so I would just buy that again, so it all matches (I like the look, too).  I picked out the dining room light some time ago.  I have not selected a ceiling fan.  I wouldn't really care as long as it is a satin nickel finish as that's what I have on everything around here.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: