Saturday, November 12, 2022

Saturday morning

The other day at work I saw the gloriously tacky "Santa cat" hoodie.  It was $12.  Yesterday before work I tried them on.  The 21 was too big.  I got the size 19 but honestly I think I could have done a 17, but I didn't want it tight so I didn't try the 17.  

I wore it at work over my t shirt and under my vest.  




I like it a lot.  It's more burgundy and less red than the photo.  It was $12 before my discount.  That will be  pennies a day if I only wear it a few times a week until Christmas.  

I ate right, 6 servings of vegetables last night.  3 cups salad (3 servings), cooked kale in with my pot roast (1), and cut up celery and cucumber (2) with some dressing.  Very pleased with that AND down another pound this morning even with only getting 6 hours sleep.  Impressive.  

This, I can do long term.  I also had a small apple on my last break, I like the energy.  Jack got me.  We had the cold front come through yesterday with some heavy rain BUT I beat it (I asked Dad to pray I would) so I didn't get drenched waiting on my bus.  Yes I brought my rain coat and umbrella but it can only do so much.  

Today I work 9-4 I will be doing that a lot the next couple weeks.  Which means I need a morning ride instead of the usual going home at night ride.  I can always take the bus home when I get off at 4 PM.  

I slept OK in spite of the insane amount of caffeine I consumed.  I am debating if I want to address that right now or just ride it through Christmas and then cut back.  I am leaning toward the latter.  

My only real work issue is a salad dressing container.  We sell some 4 packs of them at work but they are $7 and that just seems like too much to me.  I will need something I just need to figure it out.  

So far I believe I am still "on" with my aunt for next week.  I am very excited about that.  Especially as my fashion-forward coworker said my (I thought they fit OK) pants were baggy and "You need new  pants, girl".  My other pants are very baggy like MC Hammer style so I need to have a fashion show today, figure out what fits, and put what doesn't in the garage.  Worst case we do have some jeans at work for $20-25 according to the shelf tags.  I could just buy one of those if I had to.  

If my aunt doesn't come I will take the cab to the thrift store after Thanksgiving.  Dad said he would pay another weight loss bounty, $100, if I get below 180 for 3 consecutive days and send photos of the scale.  I will probably have done that by then as well so that will be even more to spend.  

I don't have Venmo or anything so he would have to send me a check.  This is fun to think about.  

I am within about 12 pounds of goal that is very nice because I was not actively trying to lose this week, yet lost 2 pounds.  Running around at work counts as exercise with Carb Manager and I think it does in real life, walking around taking public transit is more, eating on point, etc.  For a very long time I did not feel in control of my body, or my mind.  I finally feel like I am getting ahold of both.  

Yes I still go up and down on the mood, Doc said I would, but not as bad.  I think eating better will help with that, too.  

I still want to take Vitamin E for a while before I do the blood test but they were sold out at work.  I am, according to my app, getting 5-8 grams of Omega 3's every day which is bound to be good for me.  I like looking at all the nutrition details, stuff like that I feel like I got my $30 (a year) worth.  

I need to go take my shower.  All done.  

I am wearing a purple sweatshirt (should contrast nicely with work vest) over a navy t shirt and my black jeans that I thought fit OK but are apparently too baggy.  Biscuit is eating which is good.  They don't eat when I'm gone.  

I set my timer on the lamp to come on about when I should get home.  That's it for now.  

No comments: