Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Wednesday evening

So that was interesting.  I live on a fairly busy bus route.  I went out and caught the bus to the Krogers.  I looked at the meat, cheese, yogurt.  Not impressed.  I got to the salad mix.  THERE IT IS.  A nice pound of spring mix, nice dark greens with a few "reds" mixed in, $6.  I found one with a good code and put it in the cart.  I was also happy to see bags of organic kale for $3-4.  I think I will get all my 'veg" there.  I had plenty of kale at home, though.  I also got some celery because I like it and I try to eat a variety of food these days.  

Like my Dad, I have the tendency to eat the same thing over and over which may be a sign of my neurological differences, I'm not sure.  I know people with autism do that.  

I saved $1 on the salad mix with my card so happy about that.  So I checked out, gave candy to the checker, caught the next bus, gave the driver candy.  I got to the transit center and caught yet another bus (and more candy given) to the store near my house.  

I had $16 left so looked around.  2 pound block of cheddar for $6.50.  No ground turkey.  None frozen, for $2, at any rate.  Just some refrigerated for double that.  No thanks.  I had been thinking about a pork roast.  But it is the first of the month and "everyone" got their food stamps credit and are using them to buy groceries, not a lot of meat left.  The only 2 pound pork roast looked very pale and unappetizing.  It was a decent price though.  I didn't get it.  I got a 50 cent pack of hot dogs I like the flavor.  

I went around and picked up a few other things.  Paid, had $3 left.  So I went to the takeout shop, lugging my tote bags full of groceries.  

Side note: I am very "green" before it was cool.  Reusable tote bags.  Walk a lot.  Ride public transit.  

So I went there and got myself a samosa.  They are very good.  I don't like a lot of heat in my food but mild Indian food is full of interesting spices.  I ate it at the bus stop, blowing on it because they had just taken it out of the fryer.  Delicious.  

I took 7-8 bags of candy with me and gave the last one to the driver who took me home.  Everyone was very excited to get a full sized Snickers with some other candy.  I don't think this will last long.  When I get paid I will buy more pinata mix and some caramels, to hand out.  

It was a good day.  I came home, put it all away, took a nap.  I just ate a celery stalk not a lot of celery on that.  I think next time I will buy the cut up celery sticks at work.  

So: hard boiled egg, one for each day.  Cut up cucumber and celery, one bag for each day.  Need to cut up cheese one for each day.  Then cook the ground turkey.  I also just did up cheese 2.5 ounce portions, times four work days, for my lunch.  That is one thing I have most don't, more time to do meal prep these days.  I also need to figure out some sort of fruit.  I have mandarin oranges and apples.  The apples have to be cut up so I will probably use the mandarins first.  

I found a nice lunch bag in the garage that is bigger than what I have so I will probably use that.  So the rest of my meals: before work I will have the ground cooked turkey taco meat with cheese, lots of fat and protein.  Then on my lunch (so I don't have to compete for microwave) I will have tuna salad.  I can fill in the blanks with my snacks.  

That's it for now I will probably do another before I go to bed.  


No comments: