Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thanksgiving morning

 I was hoping Thanksgiving this year would be like my 30th wedding anniversary: no big deal.  I was wrong.  

Anyway, let me get started on yesterday.  I was going to work when a guy got on the bus with a backpack, filling the bus with an overwhelming stench of marijuana that will probably make the driver fail his next random drug test.  It was very strong.  Then I had cologne man get on as well.  I can understand the day laborer types wearing heavy cologne in the summer because they don't want BO but this was just some guy trying to be flashy.  The scent of the two combined flipped me into a migraine.  

Happily, God reminded me of the lemon pie.  I grabbed a 6 pack of diet dews and got myself a fried lemon pie, which has gone up 70 cents since the last time I bought one.  We used to pay less than that, wholesale.  

I staggered back to the breakroom, tears running down my face.  I quickly gobbled the fried lemon pie and had a dew washing down a couple of Excedrin as well.  And it worked.  

My department was very busy so a lot of stress and drama, I was glad they only had me down for 4 hours.  I got out of there and took the bus home.  

I called my parents and then went to bed early.  I slept a lot because I could and got up around 8.  I was pretty depressed and wasn't up for taking a shower.  Until I had to, I found it funny.  I got the shower and even shaved my legs.  

I got the corner of the kitchen cleaned up.  My trim is up above the cabinets in there now.  There is a separation of about half an inch.  I hope that means I don't have a foundation problem.  For now I am not going to worry, it has been like that for years, unchanging.  

I made a mistake with the toaster oven so I have to let the timer feature finish before I can bake my sweet potato.  I am looking forward to it.  

In the meantime I ate a couple of bunless hot dogs.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Heather. Even tho as a Canadian I feel you're about 6 weeks late (haha)

Barbara