Monday, November 14, 2022

Sunday night and a little bit of Monday morning

Last year I really wanted some Christmas socks for work but talked myself out of them.  This year I found some cute Christmas compression socks so I pulled the trigger this time.  


It has several features I found important: candy canes, Christmas trees, snowflakes, and a jolly snowman.  

That's good as I got some bad news about the Santa Cat hoodie.  I may not be allowed to wear it at work due to the hood.  Safety hazard.  But I can wear it on my days off.  

Work was very busy but it went fast.  My boss had me finish up my computer training classes.  Nothing major just hazmat and something else I forget.  I got it all though there is nothing left.  

I brought candy again which was a huge hit.  The bosses kept coming by and snacking on it which is the point, a stressed employee gets a minute of bliss.  At least in my head.  There was a higher up manager kept flogging them verbally so I felt happy I could make it a little better.  

I won't gossip but I will say I felt bad for them.  I actually caught the early bus today which was nice, and my second bus driver went like a bat out of hell so I got home before 5:30, that is impressive.  

I need to do dishes tonight, and make some tuna and egg salad for tomorrow, but then I am done 

{next day, my parents called and after I hung up I went to bed]

I did not sleep well, but drank a lot of (diet) Mountain Dew which I blame for that.  I did have a total of 9 low carb vegetables which can only improve my health.  I remember back in 2000 I worked at a chain restaurant as a server.  I wasn't  very good so they only gave me a few tables.  One lady came in and sat with her friends, said "I want something light so bring me the veggie plate" and selected 4-5 veggie sides for her meal.  I went in the back and one of the cooks was putting a 5 pound stick of butter in the mixer with some veggie side, I forget which.  But I can still see that 5 pound stick of butter sitting on the vegetables.  I had my veggies with cheese, low carb salad dressing (regular dressing cut with olive oil), cooked in meat juice, etc.  At one point I ate a cup and a half of pumpkin puree out of a can because I was craving it, just the straight canned pumpkin.  And it was good, I will do that again.  

Today should be fun: it is my Friday.  My aunt is coming to town and will pick me up after work.  I am going to pick up some non perishable groceries before work.  Good times.  

Talking to my parents last night Dad said it is "all" sagging skin after 80 which I found funny, and 80 is not that far away.  

There is a guy at work really getting on my nerves.  He is very obese, fine with that because we all have to find our way of eating.  But necessary to state this for reference.  He told me he wears a 5x.  Every time he sees me eating in the breakroom he disparages my foods and says things like "It doesn't matter if it's organic" "vegetables aren't that good for you anyway" and "You need starch" stuff like that.  I wouldn't care if he was average weighted but him?  No way.  Prove your weight loss, significant, better than my 80 pounds, and then we will talk.  He also talks a lot about the fact he is under treatment for depression and anxiety.  Like, constantly.  It gets old.  The other day he had a panic attack at work and came running in during my lunch for his  pill.  I want to tell him he is an amateur when it comes to mental illness and come back when he can match me.  😂  But I won't.  I try to be nice to everyone but I just don't like him.  And I like pretty much everyone.  

Today I plan to do snickers fun size at work for my candy.  Everyone at work likes Snickers.  I have always liked having some sort of candy bowl at work.  

That's it for now.  


No comments: